🦞 Trans rights

I was at work today so didn’t really have time to collect my thoughts. The Navratilova furore is ridiculous, even more so than the no-platforming of Germaine Greer. I do worry whether it is part of a deliberate tactic to delegitimise women in the abstract.

Greer. Hugely influential in the feminist movement and a unique voice, one I’ve been happy to hear from for decades on political panel shows.

Navratilova. Proudly out, one of the highest profile lesbians on the planet and presumably a huge source of inspiration for aspiring sporty lesbians. She blazed the trail and took the puerile shit on their behalf.

And yet, these women are now persona non grata in certain forums for pointing out the obvious. It is batshit fucking mental and I don’t think I will ever understand it.

7 Likes

You’re a bloke so you’ll always be wrong.

And I was trying to break it to you gently…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/WashTimes/status/1099714416977891328

On the up side, this farce won’t last long

Women (original ones) will soon get fed up and begin to boycott races with transgender competitors

The interesting thing about that race was apparently there were college scholarships riding on it so two poor persons of female origin missed out

Gotta agree with Ms. Davies…allowing transgender athletes to compete in female competitions could destroy women’s sport. Perhaps competition specifically for transgender women.

8 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately though you can’t raise concerns without being called Transphobic

Then I’m transphobic…but a transphobic who doesn’t think like one.

3 Likes

Fuck that - they can call me transphobic all they want. You cannot live 18 years as a man growing as a man, developing bone density and muscle mass as a man, and then tell me it doesn’t make a difference because you have had a couple of anti testosterone shots.

It’s cheating

4 Likes

Actually I will buy their argument as soon as the transgenders (women to men direction) start pissing the male competitions

1 Like

What is treatment started much earlier than 18 years? Would that make it better?

What do you mean?

Well if they’d started their hormone treatment at a much earlier time? Lessen the testosterone or oestrogen in their bodies earlier, evening up?

Simplest way to deal with it is that within any professional competition its limited to ‘Genotype’ and not ‘gender’ - given that gender is now something more fluid, simplest for sport would be to create categories based on X and Y chromosomes. Principle is no different to how they classify para- athletes to avoid competitive advantage…

1 Like

Ah, gotcha.

Guess the question then is around the ethics of changing someone at an age when they may not really be mature enough to understand the consequences?

Think we have covered this here? Or I’ve read a lot. I have a tried with 2 trans kids. They seemed to know from a young age. There was a fairly good drama which also covered this. It had Anna Friel in it.

Is she not right? Genuinely interested. Appreciate story posted above.

It’s pretty complex, isn’t it?
Think the easiest way to avoid this whole issue is ban all competitive sport. This would resolve so many issues. Right now we’ve solved that. What next?

2 Likes

I think we should have a go at banning religion next…pretty much a straightforward case to make.

1 Like

Sotonians brains trust is on fire today

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like