đŸš” đŸ‡«đŸ‡· Tour De France

Officials got that wrong. He moved his elbow to keep balance, as Cav was already going down. These guys are moving fast.

To chuck him out is wrong. The initial punishment was enough, it is because it s Cav in my opinion.

Without seeing any replay film
I saw Sagan panic when he realised Cavendish had the better run in on the Frenchmans wheel. He moved over to not only block but threw out his elbow to make sure Cavendish did not continue his route to more than likely win the race.

I am pleased that the officials agreed that Sagan cheated and rightly disqualify the cheat.

Subsequently having reviewed various film replays
 my first judgement of Sagan cheating proved to be right

Not the first time Sagan has obstructed and intentionally blocked other riders.

3 Likes

Well not going to agree on this one. They both went after the same wheel, but Sagan was just after Cav. I don’t think Sagan saw him. Cav was already down when the elbow came out. Sagan was nowhere near him with the elbow.

Well the only loss here is to the 2017 tour, it will not be the same without Cav and Sagan, 2 of the best sprinters in the game!

1 Like

Which was the better “Elbow surprise?” The band turning up at The Park in Glastonbury, or the cyclist knocking someone into a barrier at the end of the fourth stage in the Tour de France?

1 Like

Be very careful here young man.

I am a world renown expert on this sort of thing. :laughing:

Do not ever question my decision making again. :astonished:

The man Sagan is disqualified wether you agree or not
I am right as always. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Years of watching match officials at the Dell and St Marys
and watching Tours over many years.

I have just spoken to my mate down the pub 
who is also world renown expert on anything
as usual he agrees with me :cool:

1 Like

I will be away in France for some time :wink:

just had the call to take Sagans place in the tour :astonished:

Just found my stabilisers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Phoned my friend Lance in the states
he will send me some go faster juice :cool:

You will recognise my very pink trike and the crocidile handbag
to stop idiots getting in my way :laughing:

Now where do I get the Dover channel crossing ferry?

BE WARNED Sfcsim
you ain’t seen anything yet :innocent:

1 Like

I thought Cav went down really well on the 4th stage, but there were a few on the day, that went down really well.

You’re wrong @sfcsim , that’s all there is to it

1 Like

Should Sagan have been disqualified, abso-bloody-lutely

Actually, both were equally likely to happen based on track records.

This one was much more enjoyable though

Enjoyed that stage

great break by Aru

Quintana showed his weakness today and contador looked like time has caught up with him. From beating Porte up the hill was a good psychological hit.

Contador and Quintana don’t seem to be able to deliver their 'form’ of previous years.

:cool:

1 Like

Quintana was right on the wheel of Froome last year, but just did not have it in him at the finish! Seemed to give his all to stay with him the Froome either had far to much or Quintana faded.

Lovely to see Froome back in yellow.

On reflection: Sagan will feel aggrieved

Tuesday’s incident was all about perspective and context. In the heat of the moment, Sagan was very much cast as the villain. But seen from different angles, the dynamic of crash that ended Cavendish’s Tour and brought the axe down on Sagan looks far from clear cut.

Even Greipel, initially so critical of Sagan, admitted that, on closer inspection, his early scorn may have been unfair.

FollowAndre Greipel @AndreGreipel

Sometimes I should watch images before I say something. Apologies to @petosagan as I think that decision of the judge is too hard.

8:31 PM - 4 Jul 2017

4,7874,787 Retweets

14,14914,149 likes

Indeed, replays show that Cavendish was already on the way down by the time Sagan flicked the elbow. As for the previously incriminating elbow movement - well, it looks more like a natural reflex for Sagan to regain balance at top speed. It also, perhaps, stemmed from his right forearm being nudged by the hoods of Cavendish’s bars as the Manxman rode perilously close to both Sagan and the barriers.

Cavendish had no business aiming for a space so small - but he had no other option after Sagan veered across the road. And yet Sagan himself was reacting to movement in front of him: particularly by the man who went on to win the stage, Demare.

Bunch sprints are highly irregular at the best of times. The rules stipulate that riders must stick to their lines - but that is impossible when trying to pass slower riders in front. Sprinting needs the weaving, darting and sudden bursts of speed that make such stages so exciting - but when at fault, riders must put their hands up and admit their errors

Depends on what glasses you have on Cav or English rose tinted or one from a person who loves both riders. Huge fan of Sagan and Cav. Both are a big loss.

Anyway the decision has been made, and time to move on. As we know in the football world, the officals are always right :lou_facepalm_2:.

Perhaps there are some shades of grey in the middle here.

But looking at the aerial camera it shows Sagan move a metre-and-a-half to his right to close the door on the accelerating Cavendish.

The offences he was called on were deviating his line and endangering others - he did both.

The elbow may be excused by balance issues, but for me, in the heat of the moment he made a mistake and the extreme result of that led directly to what I believe was the correct decision.

The analysis also shows the stage winner dramatically changing lines, but that was lost in the chaos, disguised perhaps by his nationality.

Boring stage today

Kittel monstered that sprint, he was miles back with 500 to go

1 Like

I’ll stick this in here as it is sorta relevent

Holy fuck!!!

Oh. :astonished:

So that was the first winner of the Queen of the Mountains then

It makes you wonder if there have been any reactions to ‘supplements’ taken back in the day, throughout this whole process.

Fair play though, it’s not a problem - just a surprise.