🚵 🇫🇷 Tour De France

I shouldn’t be starting this…I don’t have a bike and haven’t had one for 20 years.

However I do enjoy The Tour and I will no doubt watch large chunks of it live on ITV4.

It’s already started…the time trial around Dusseldorf being the opener. The leading contenders don’t push-off until around 4.30pm onwards…

Interested to see a Kraftwerk-designed livery for Martin’s time trial bike today.

Something a bit different.

Brits off to a winning start, Geraint Thomas wins the time trial, Froome 4th. :lou_lol:

Bit behind with my cycling, need to play catch up. Bit out of touch, which makes me sad :sob:

G in yellow - tidy!

And Frome put a ton on time into his rivals

So the Brits to look out for.

Hugh Carthy - Cannondale-Drapac

Daniel McLay - Fortuneo-Vital Concept - also I think one of the riders who will come on this tour.

Alex Dowsett - Movistar

Adam & Simon Yates - Orica-Scott - this were on my ones to look out for last tour and will improve again this tour.

Mark Cav - Team Dimension Data - Think this guy will not be up to much at your own peril as I found out last tour.

Scott Thwaites - Team Dimension Data

Chris Froome - Team Sky - he will be the main man, cannot see anyone beating him.

Peter Kennaugh - Team Sky

Luke Rowe - Team Sky

Ian Stannard - Team Sky

Geraint Thomas - Team Sky

Owain Doull - Team Sky

Ben Swift - UAE Abu Dhabi Do

Mark McNally - Wanty-Group Gobert

Great sprint finish today and win for our favourite German Kittel.

My top 5 for this tour, in no particular order.

Froome - Sky

Talansky - Cannondale

Demare - FDJ

Quintana - Movistar

Bardet - AG2R

one of my favourites and someone who I love to watch sprint is Sagan. He will take Green, but I am hoping the stage wins stack up for him this time.

Looking forward to this now after cramming my revision in over the last 24 hours.

There is one more rider I really like and that is Wouter Poels- If this bloke left sky he would be the lead rider in any other team. Sky of course keep hold of him, as they have a little money, but he will get his chance as lead man in a couple of years, if not at Sky then somewhere else.

Seriously think this guy would be the nearest threat to Froome’s crown if in opposing team and probably another reason Sky keep him at all costs!

Stage 3 - Monday 3rd July - Verviers - Longwy

the peloton will cross over from Belgium to Luxembourg and finishing in France, in this 212.5km stage. Gradient 11% and 5 categorie climbs.

Spoiler alert :-

I’m glad to see Froome survived after being involved in that crash, it looked pretty nasty, especially for the rider who used his back against the kerb to stop him.

Here are the day 3 top 5.

1. Peter Sagan (Svk/Bora) 5hrs 07mins 19 secs

2. Michael Matthews (Aus/Team Sunweb) Same time

3. Dan Martin (Ire/Quick-Step Floors)

4. Greg van Avermaet (Bel/BMC Racing)

5. Alberto Bettiol (Ita/Cannondale-Drapac) +02secs

Cav just had an awful crash as Sagan elbowed him into a barrier.

Unless he was shoved over there by someone else he should be chucked off the event for that.

Nope, clear as day Sagan moved over and then elbowed Cav, he should be removed forthwith.

I thought I’d be a little generous as the TV guys are pretending it was an accident.

Bearing in mind I’ve seen Renshaw get chucked out for way less, that was what they call in sprintng, fucking naughty.

Sagan knew Cav had momentum and tried to block him.

I can’t see how he can defend it.

Chuck him out.

Au revoir Peter!

See you next year.

1 Like