:pl: :tottenhamfc: Tottenham Hotspurs v Saints :saints:

:tottenhamfc: v :saints:

First game of the new season, we never win the first game of the season and I don’t expect this one to be any different.

• :saints: never win the first game of the new season, never, even if @Lets-B-Drinking says otherwise. Son, Kane, and Richarlison (yeah, yeah I know he’s injured) to score in a :saints: humiliation.
  • :saints: to upset the odds and actually win their first game of the season, you don’t win anything with kids to be proved wrong again!
  • bore draw
  • score draw
  • Please stop doing inane polls, let’s have the return of the score prediction ones…

0 voters

At least everyone will get a point in Superbru as s minimum

1 Like

@PhilippineSaint won’t, he always, without fail, predicts a Southampton win

4 Likes

I like his spirit!

In the end, lets enjoy and be happy we haven’t been blown up in a armageddon style world war as of yet and have football to watch in the comfort of our own space. Life can always be worse and Saints will always play a game of football, regardless of the divisional status.

Rock n roll y’all, UTS!! :saintsfc:

2 Likes

He usually puts money on it too, displaying a/ more faith in the Saints than I have, and b/ the financial flexibility that stems from his lucrative offshore working practices :+1::+1::smile:

4 Likes

Poll added to the OP

I’m going. That usually results in misery.

1 Like

I may have accidentally put us down for a win on Superbru

Sorry.

2 Likes

Twas only last season Shrops… last season :grin:

1 Like

But I didn’t go

1 Like

I’ve predicted a Saints win, more in hope than expectation but based on the thought that we’ll likely be fielding a fairly radically altered side we might carry the element of surprise onto the pitch.

4 Likes

But soon to be found out and it’ll be the same old, same old

…shit, a ball hasn’t been kicked and already I’m moaning :roll_eyes::joy:

4 Likes

Baz-in-training

1 Like

C’mon Cobs! Pick up those heels! We as a club or fanbase will never change the perception of it if we continue to Eyore it.

Remember Big Ron and the FEELING around the team and match day back then? I recall all week sprouting to anyone who didn’t want to listen about Saints.

Times are harder and thrills are cheaper but you get the point yeah? Saints will “only be Saints” until we get our perception of ourselves in order. FWIW of course!

2 Likes

Shudders at the thought

Yeah but you’re an Aussie and have had the despair gene bred out of you

:wink::joy:

1 Like

Ah, still a human trait! Gotta work on it to overcome it!

1 Like

I might have a ticket

4 Likes

I’m at a wedding in Northumbria as the game kicks off. It wasn’t the game I wanted to miss as Everton or Leicester away would have sufficed.

Anyhow, the bride is a Saints fan due to a proper upbringing by her Dad and Uncle Me. However, she is marrying a Spurs fan so there might be trouble in the congregation and throughout the evening.

6 Likes