:pl: :tottenhamfc: Tottenham Hotspurs v Saints :saints:

Yep Spuds fans have always been bad losers. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

Got to be optimistic for the first game of the season, so gone for a Saints win. Son always scores against us, so we’ll have to bag 3 minimum, which could be tricky. But i have faith in Ralph’s newly discovered attacking ability in Romeu.

5 Likes

You haven’t voted in the poll yet though…

How about a good old fashioned 5-4 in our favour? I’d settle for that 1st game of the season :lou_wink_2:

5 Likes

It’s the hope that kills you.

I need to come back to UK.
You seem to have such wonderful Meds these days

1 Like

Meds are overrated. Get high on life, much cheaper and sustainable!

3 Likes

Ticket confirmed

5 Likes

Heaps dosh on Spurs.

2 Likes

We have a new Cunt in town noe the old cunt has retired…a Sutton says…

Tottenham v Southampton

There is a lot of excitement around Tottenham, but then it is the same at the start of every season.

I know Richarlison is suspended for this game but it is going to be interesting to see how he fits into their team after joining from Everton.

Dejan Kulusevski did really well after arriving in January and we know how good Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane are, so I don’t know how Antonio Conte will fit them all into his team. Still, it’s not a bad problem to have.

In contrast to what is expected from Spurs, a lot of people seem to be predicting Southampton will get relegated.

But Saints seem to get written off every season and then prove people wrong.

They have suffered some heavy defeats in recent years but they have also picked up some impressive results under Ralph Hasenhuttl - they drew home and away with Manchester City in the league last season and also won at Conte’s Spurs.

I don’t see a repeat of that result on Saturday, though. Instead, I’m going for the old Kane and Son one-two to get the job done for Spurs again.

In 2020-21, those two broke the record for the most goal/assist combinations that myself and Alan Shearer held from our Blackburn days, and they remain very hard to stop. They still haven’t won the Premier League like we did though, have they?

Sutton’s prediction: 2-1

ABB’s prediction: Tottenham look to have done some excellent business in the transfer market this summer, they’ve had a full pre-season under Conte and I expect them to hit the ground running. 3-0

To add to your (& other saints fans misery)

1 Like

M27 to Portsmouth (spits) and up the A3 from Southampton takes pretty much the same amount of time as the M3

Aye, but @Polski_Filip wouldn’t know about the Hindhead tunnel and the dual carriagification of the whole route.

Or, for a more tortuous route, A34 up to the M4 to the M25 then round the M25 to the M40/A40, North Circular in…

Cant you lot afford to fly up?
:innocent:

1 Like

Yes, but it’s only a 90 minute game. I’m not getting the helicopter out for that, not even the smaller one.

4 Likes

3-0 spurs.

Well, Im excited for the game at least! Tbh, the odds of us pulling a miracle out and getting the W are fairly slim but football is back!! All we really ask is for a 100% effort across the park. Result will be what it will be.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’ll get 120% effort

And

Doh…

Then I shall be happy! If we play like version 21/22 Saints, we will all be spewing chips!

Just in case it’s needed