:tories: Tories in trouble?

And the guy slumped in front of the blonde lady has clearly just dropped his guts judging by her expression.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1178676601405485058?s=20

2 Likes

Did it really take David Schneider this long to realise Esther McVey was a nasty airhead?

I’ve been to Labour conference, TUC and Unison ones over the years. So of it can be a bit tedious but the fringe events and all the evening do’s can take their toll on you. I may have been a little hungover of a morning on a couple of occasions.

I hear in a news soundbite the Tory’s are now claiming to be the party of the working class. :rofl:
No wonder those fat old claret gluging bastards are asleep…they’ve been working all week at a food bank.

1 Like

And when people pull them up on why they’re the party of the working class, I would lay money on the following being said:-

We represent the workers, not the shirkers

Making working class folk think everyone else is taking the piss, instead of getting them to look up, really is the only thing the Tories are good at.

Where is all the money coming from?

Labour’s manifesto was costed and factored in a restoration of Corporation Tax to 2010 levels and an income tax hike for high earners.

That’s not a ball the Tories can play, so er, that’ll be privately financed debt then.

Doesn’t matter, they don’t plan on actually doing any of it. It’s just pie in the sky bullshit, which sadly will be believed by some, and trumpeted by the majority of the media. But anybody out there who is prepared to believe that this shower have suddenly morphed into the champions of the low paid and disadvantaged must surely be a member of a dwindling band. And isn’t it funny that whenever things are going tits up the Tories shamelessly copy Labour policies.
‘Labour raising the minimum wage to 10 pounds an hour will destroy small businesses.’
‘We will raise the minimum wage to 10.50 an hour’.
Absolutely no self awareness or sense of irony. Clueless.

2 Likes

Last time out the voters fell for strong and stable, and we’re all in it together as well as the classics, a party for everyone and we’re going to help hard working families. :laughing:
I have yet to see any indications that voters have wised up since then.
The electorate voted to cut the NHS, mental health care and police funding, and they’ll do it again.
And for me that’s the saddest bit, a majority of people want us to crush the poor and the weak.
As a nation with so many good things and people, we look fucking horrible from the outside.

oh but Rallyboy you fucking remoaner snowflake sandal -wearing terrorist-hugger, you hate your country, your sort would have surrendered to the Nazis…blah, yawn, blah, blah…

Yeah right, but it wasn’t me that voted kids into poverty so that in 2019 they’re going through bins for a fucking meal, I didn’t vote for elderly and vulnerable people to die alone in a fucking corridor, and I didn’t vote for school teachers to buy toilet rolls for their own classes because we’ve wasted the funding for education on shit like a ferry company that doesn’t own a fucking ferry and a rail project that despite being literally billions over-budget, will never fucking happen!
I have never seen such a useless bunch of thickos in charge of departments, some of them incompetent, others just corrupt or plainly horrible human beings, it’s like every single village in England is missing their idiot.
Yet people will rush to vote for them - maybe it’s my problem, it’s me, perhaps I’m just out of step with our toxic and selfish society.
And no I don’t want to see Strictly - or frigging Bake-Off.
WTF has become of us?

8 Likes

Is the commons not known as Bedlam?

Not getting it. Are you saying that everyone here voted for the Conservatives in the last election?

Let’s remember that Labour were 20 points behind when the election was called. If you’re willing to accept those numbers, then the public wised up over the course of the election.

The last general election was neither won with a majority of the public vote nor a majority in the Commons, so a majority of people did not vote to impoverish the poorest in society.

Now I know that the job of a pub landlord is not to have a go at his punters, but most will notice a punter, tanked up elsewhere and incoherent on arrival, and call them a taxi or something.

Actually RB might have a point about the general stupidity of the electorate

The Tories with their manifesto started 20pts ahead. May turned it into a personality contest, and the dopey voters got taken in.

Or something like that

Who was voting for Dopey and what percentage did he get?
any other Dwarfs get on the Ballot?

1 Like

Bercow was on there

It is true that once campaigning actually began, she quickly lost ground to Corbyn, who knows a thing or two about campaigning.

In general, the social care bill was her undoing. Specifically, putting so much trust in Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill because she had no sense of what the public was after herself was her real problem.

I’m all for having stupid people in elections. It’s a better system than having some kind of test to join the electorate, or have some arbiter decide who is allowed to vote.

It also tends to even itself out. As an example, work daughter’s mates thought they’d be unable to holiday in Europe if we left the EU. Amazed, she asks “how do you think people go on holiday in Turkey?”

“That’s in the EU, isn’t it?”

But we kept getting told it would be in the EU…so easy mistake to make.

1 Like

The point is that both sides had their share of stupid, some of it coming from an ostensibly good place, such as wanting to spend more money on the NHS, or needing to be part of a supra-national organisation with an appointed unelected executive so as not to be a racist.

Stupid on both sides, however clever some of the arguments might have been on a superficial level.

They cancel each other out, and what you’re left with, theoretically, is a relatively well informed electorate.

Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP has been held by the police after an ‘incident’ in the International Lounge at the Tory party conference. It appears that the Old Etonian member for The Cotswolds had a punch up with security after they refused to let his guest in because they didn’t have a pass. Apparently ‘do you know who i am’ didn’t cut it! Paramedics were called and the press were put into lockdown. I bet they were!
All this about an hour before Priti (useless)Patel will be on her feet announcing measures to get tough on crime. Sweet!

4 Likes

Brexit riots have started early.

3 Likes