:tories: Tories in trouble?

4 Likes

So some councils are finding it hard to make ends meet and vulnerable children arenā€™t getting the support they need.

I am all about solution focused outsome so Iā€™ve found some money we could have spent on them. Not a lot admittedly but this project is more about suggesting social workers arenā€™t up to scratch than helping us perform the best we can and provide support.

And itā€™s not all social workers. Just the ones who deal with kids. Seems a bit unfair.

Boris Johnson told to apologise for burka jibe -

I bet this will be picked up by the media for months like antisemitism in the Labour party.

2 Likes

Anti-semitism in the Labour Party? I hadnā€™t heard about that, whereā€™s the articles about this?

He is quite clearly trying to get himself sacked.

Apparently he wonā€™t be apologising.

Iā€™m sure this behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with BoJo linking up with Steve Bannon recently.

P.s. hey Cherts!

3 Likes

Hello mate, long time no talk!

Yeah. It has everything to do with that, and after being sacked he will make a run for the Tory party leadership. Itā€™s gotta be why heā€™s being such a relentless cunt (of course, he may just be a relentless cunt).

1 Like

What can he get sacked from though? If he gets the whip withdrawn he canā€™t run for the leadership, surely?

My thoughts exactly. The only people that can ā€œsackā€ him from his job as an MP are his constituents. The party can withdraw its official support and recognition, but even if he was locked up in prison for something, heā€™d still be an MP.

He could do a Goldsmith and be an independent for a couple of days, or if his ego is as big as it appears, start his own party(basically swallow up ukip) with his new BFF Bannon.
Just in time for corporate America to be handed everything on a plate.

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: :brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

On Newsnight tonight Nadim Zahawi (privately educated) Minister for Children and Families is suggesting children at risk could go to boarding schools. Apparently some places are doing this.
So the Local Authority pay 60% of cost and boarding school the other 40%.
In Norfolk of 52 placed over a 10 year period (tiny number) 2/3 came off a child protection plan (they used the dated 2at risk register" term) after 3 years. Their GCSE grades were better than their other at risk cohort.

So Iā€™d hope that a child placed outside of their home (where they may be at risk) or their local area (where they may be at risk of gangs etc) that they would come off a child protection plan way before 3 years. If a child is on a child protection plan over a year there needs to be questions about the efficacy of the plan.

It is also a small number of children who would get this support from the large number of children who need preventative services. This money could be used in re-opening the closed childrenā€™s centres or youth centres,

In line with your thoughts @krgā€¦

3 Likes
3 Likes

Johnson really is a despicable little shit. He made those comments knowing full well that they could and would be defended by all of his little chums (Rees-Mogg et al) as being a touch of humour and nothing more. They are, of course, belittling and ridiculing of Muslim women, and Johnson knows this full well.

As others have pointed out, itā€™s dog-whistle stuff for Muslim-haters.

8 Likes

Not that it matters a huge amount, but if things do pan out, BoJo will soon be my MP.

Thatā€™ll be at least another 2 votes against him. Not that itā€™ll make much difference.

2 Likes

Oh, lordy - really?

I am interested to see what happens with Boris - there is pretty widespread criticism within the Tory ranks, however if he continues to refuse to apologise, then I would expect a formal reaction from the party.

I also expect them to pull their finger out and get it done quickly, instead of letting it fester

Well there you areā€¦ Itā€™s starting. Confusion as to whether itā€™s racist/offensive. And if its not (and if people convince themselves so) then itā€™s fine to say stuff like that. Just like in Denmark, as soon as the burqa ban comes in a member of the public attacks a Muslim woman trying to remove her face covering. And why notā€¦ The Muslim woman was breaking the law. Iā€™m sure that Danish woman intervened with all sorts of petty law breaking before - chasing litterers down the road ands attacking those who went at 32mph in a 30 zone.

5 Likes