:tories: Tories in trouble?

Fucking hell. Chuka doing his real job of representing his constituents.

It won’t last.

Evening all…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-wages-latest-update-february-2018-ons-inflation-unemployment-rate-a8308206.html%3Famp

I don’t see why JCs sails would be any less puffed.

For that to work, there are a few things you have to rewire in your own mind, and it’s a difficult job.

First, you have to equate words with deeds. It wasn’t Brown’s government that implemented this. It was Cameron’s government, and May’s department. Besides, words are pretty cheap. Clegg and co promised to vote against any increase in tuition fees. The Lib Dems voted for a rise and tuition fees trebled.

Second, and perhaps most importantly, the public would have to believe that the Labour of 2009 were exactly the same as the 2018 incarnation, when they’ve been convinced in the last three years, for better or worse, that this lot are completely different.

All that time waiting for this pathetic increase?

You’re taking the piss, i assume?

That’s not the argument though is it? It is a fact that in 2009 Labour ministers were unaware of a policy decision by UK border agency. The decision to go ahead and actually physically destroy thousands of landing cards was taken in 2010. Do you think the Home Office had no input to this decision?Civil servants implement minister’s policies, in this case the Home Office. May was Home Secretary, they act on her orders. Of course it was her decision to destroy these cards. Today, the mother of Windrush citizen, Dexter Bristol, who died suddenly last month after being classified as an illegal immigrant and sacked from his job says she believes the stress caused by this contributed to his death. Dexter, who was 57 when he died, came here from Granada when he was eight, in 1968 to join his mother, an NHS nurse. He was sacked from his cleaning job last year because he had no passport, and was denied benefits because officials did not believe he was in the country legally. He was born a British subject in Grenada, but was never allowed a British passport. He spent the last year of his life trying to untangle his immigration status, repeatedly attempting and failing to get the Home Office to acknowledge that he was not an illegal immigrant. On 31st March he collapsed and died on the street. His mother, Sentina, said it was hard to articulate how angry she was. “I think Theresa May should resign. I don’t enjoy saying that. This situation has to be amended. My son is British, we didn’t come here illegally”. What sort of country have we become FFS? More than 200 Russian Oligarchs’, many of them extremely dodgy, but rich, passport in 6 weeks? No problem at all. It is a disgrace, and brings great shame on the country. What will it take for people to realise we are being governed by racist, greedy, self serving liars.

In other news, Jeremy Hunt is being investigated by the Parliamentary Commission for Standards, as called for by Labour, after his admission that he breached money laundering rules. Enquiries by the Guardian have revealed that Hunt received a “bulk discount” on seven flats in Alexandra Wharf, Southampton. Which he bought from a Conservative Party donor! Enquiries have established that the 82 flat block was developed by Nicholas James Group, a south coast property fim owned and chaired by businessman and Conservative donor Nicholas James Roach. A source close the the Health Secretary said he had received “a bulk discount"for buying multiple apartments. Roach has made more than 50,000 pounds in donations to Hunt’s South West Surrey constituency office since 2011. The pair were pictured together in 2011 at a party to launch a 60 million pound hotel in Guildford that was developed by Nicholas James Group. A spokesman for Hunt said: “The owner of the development is a long standing acquaintance” Jeremy paid standard market rates which would have been available to anyone else making an equivalent purchase” This is the best bit! " As Jeremy has been clear from the outset, the rental income from these properties will be donated to charity". Haahahahaha. The “charity” bit is hilarious enough, but the "as Jeremy has been clear from the outset"line caps it. The greedy bastard is charged with failure to disclose the purchase, and failing to disclose his interest in the purchasing company. What contempt these scumbags have for us, the poor old electorate.

Quick! Look over there! Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party is riddled with Anti-Semites!

5 Likes

When the Conservatives took power in 2010 a database, Contactpoint, which would help social workers in finding out who was involved with a child quickly was scrapped in months. After a lot of money was put into it. There were concerns about it holding such information although it was not going to have any assessments just who the professionals were. I had training in it and thought it could really help with child protection. So the Conservatives were all over that as soon as they took over but not over destroying paper files on British Citizens?

If I take over a case I have to get up to speed and finish what was suggested or make changes. It’s not that difficult surely?

Yeah, I’m no more behind this government than anyone else with that fuckwit as PM.

2 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Rudd has been caught as well.

Rudd promised the prime minister she would oversee the forced or voluntary departure of 10% more people than May managed when she was home secretary, partly by switching money for crime-fighting to her immigration enforcement programme.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/987360001994915842

1 Like
1 Like

Shameful. The reputation this country once had in the world for basic, common decency is fast disappearing down the toilet. The Prime Minister and Home Secretary scrabbling around trying to find others to take responsibility for this shameful state of affairs is puke-making to watch.

3 Likes

What he says about dealing with the department and how they now say they look forward to hearing from him and resolving the issues, reminded me of the Gary Younger article you posted.

They knew they were doing wrong. Virtually every time my colleague Amelia Gentleman wrote about a person’s case, the Home Office would contact their lawyers within a day – sometimes within an hour – of the article going online to say the problem had been resolved.

So treat them like shit until someone with a voice notices.

3 Likes

We can deport first and hear appeals later.

Yeah, that’s not unfair and certainly won’t ruin anybody’s life.

More evidence of the rabid move toward appearing as hard on immigrants as, the then powerful, UKIPpers were.

Dunno who the ‘bird’ with the long hair is, though.

Probably disappeared into a parliamentary backwater - nobody that looks that uncomfortable in their own skin would ever achieve high office.

2 Likes

And here are Corbyn’s words from the same day. Video is at the end of the article.

2 Likes