:tories: Tories in trouble?

Her hubby is still listed as a Director of Virgin Care on Wikipedia

Busy night.

1 Like

Tried in vain to share this earlier via my mobile.

1 Like

So Hunt keeps his job and gets social care too. I am sure Virgin Care are rubbing their hands together waiting for all those contracts.

3 Likes

That was removed from Wiki during the day too, then put back on, presumably after May realised she couldn’t promote Anne Milton without there being an uproar. I’ve said it before on here, but it needs saying again. May and her gang have nothing but contempt for the ordinary people of this country. They are nothing but a bunch of chinless poshos, helping themselves and their friends to the country’s assets. Working class Tory voters who voted this despicable bunch back in are utter mugs. Will be funny watching them start squealing when the penny drops though.

5 Likes

If she hadn’t spent so much time plotting to get into this position, you might feel sorry for Theresa May.

Everything she touches turns to shit. Reshuffles are supposed to be about projecting strength. Three of her ministers told her to do one, two effectively saying “that’s very nice, Theresa, but I’ll be keeping my job, thanks very much” and the other saying “fuck your job, I am orfski” (official Hansard record). Add the Toby Young fiasco and the appointment of Esther McVey into the mix, and this week of strength has just been a week of weak.

Why does she think her ideas are good ideas?

4 Likes

“
Why does she think her ideas are good ideas?”

I’d hazard a guess @pap that she has tory party and civil service “political advisors”. Perhaps, and I hope I’m not wrong, they are “advising” her out of office

1 Like

Your comments remind me of Crace yesterday.

It’s business as usual for the Tory government with an A&E crisis, the Toby Young scandal and a much-heralded cabinet revamp beset by inertia.

New year, same operating systems failure. During the general election campaign, Theresa May had screamed: “Nothing has changed. Nothing has changed” as she ripped up the Conservative manifesto within days of launching it.

For her much hyped cabinet reshuffle, the prime minister defiantly insisted: “Everything has changed. Everything has changed” while changing almost nothing. The Maybot’s language function clearly still leaves a lot to be desired.

It would be fun to watch, if it wasn’t so destructive for so many people.

When she took the job, she was advised by Fiona Hill and Nick Timothy, two people that wielded such influence over her that there are only a few recorded times where people heard her say no to them. Most of the time, she was completely compliant, because she has no people skills, she hasn’t a fucking clue what the country needs, and hasn’t proven effective at anything except becoming Prime Minister with a minimum of hassle.

It’s as if she’d planned everything in her life up to that point, which was the exact point she ran out of ideas.

She is a deeply worrying character. I’m reminded of the maxim “those who seek power are least suited to wield it”. Even before she became PM, she was dangerous. We have the most draconian internet surveillance laws of any state in the West, and that’s on her.

Fuck knows where we’d be if she’d gotten the 100 seat majority that was initially predicted against Corbyn’s Labour. The voting public can give itself a fucking big slap on the back.

1 Like

The first PMQs of the New Year are taking place as i type this. I am almost speechless! James Cleverly, the new Tory Deputy Chairman has just asked his question on behalf of his constituents. He asked Mayhem to, “Passionately embrace the vision she set out last year, improving life chances and leaving the country in a better place”

Her reply? She said “Cleverly never got the kiss from her he once asked for” ( Apparently he expressed the wish to kiss May in a snog/marry/avoid quiz). FFS, pass the fucking sick bag. This is all just a game to them, the country going down the crapper, people waiting four hours for ambulances, doctors treating patients in hospital car parks, people having cancer surgery cancelled and so on and so on. And this is the best they can come up with. Even this sorry shower of a government must sometimes wonder how they are getting away with it, is there a limit as to how much the electorate will take. Further proof, as if any more were needed, that they hold the people of this country in utter contempt. My New Year wish to the whole sorry bunch of them is that their next shit is a hedgehog.

"

8 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth @nottarf-krap .

At home sick (man flu) at the moment so got the chance you watch as I’m usually at work.

When the sycophant asked his question and then flirtily offered an embrace to the PM during PMQs it made me feel sicker.

As you said, it’s just a fucking game.

We don’t just need a new PM and government, we need a new system.

This one is wank.

5 Likes

A story that only popped on my radar this week.

Carilion have gone bust. So what I thought. Then I googled. Oops.

Then I saw who was Chairman.

“The old boys network” again. Feel sorry for those who will lose Pensions/Services etc, but thank fook Green never got off the start line when he tried to buy Saints from Rupert

Happy to send you guys a blueprint for a benevolent Dictatorship anytime you want.

:lou_sunglasses:

And to think you lot bombed the hell out of Libya so you could install your version of democracy

:lou_facepalm_2: :lou_eyes_to_sky:

4 Likes

Have May and Failing Grayling come out of hiding yet? Did Mr May’s hedge fund company partake in the feeding frenzy which saw these parasites make over 300 million shorting Carillion over the past year, when it was obvious that Carillion were up shit creek? Yet, despite knowing this, Mrs May’s government handed contracts worth nearly 2 billion to this obviously failing company. This whole scandal reeks of corruption from top to bottom. Richard Howson, Carillion’s chief executive until last July when he stepped down after the shock profit warning, earned 1.5 million in 2016, including over 500,000 in bonuses. Although he no longer works for the company he is still on the payroll until October 2018, receiving 660,000 salary and 28,000 in benefits. All this despite a massive hole in the company employee pension funds. Absolutely disgusting. Philip green likes to refer to himself as a Christian Capitalist, what a sick joke that is. Likewise our Prime Minister, daughter of a vicar, who goes to church every Sunday, yet leads a government devoid of any compassion, and who serve only to help their already rich friends get even richer by handing them the nations assets to the detriment of the overwhelming majority. This Tory government are beyond redemption, they are pissing on all of us and telling us it is raining.

5 Likes

The day after Dolores passed away.

This is a bloody good article about the state of the UK and BOTH political parties. The System is broken, of that there is no doubt.

![Illustration by Eleanor Shakespeare](upload://5SdZjKxjYd0ZQgd5mStWPvLSnJe.jpeg)

This is the age of the zombie. The undead maraud around our popular culture. Stick on the telly, and they’re attacking Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. At the cinema, reanimated carcasses lurch through everything from Resident Evil to World War Z. The headlines might burst with blundering boastful strongmen, but our nightmares are full of blank-eyed walking corpses.

Unthinking, unquestioning, neither alive nor dead, the zombie is horrific. It is also us.

I see HMGov haven’t wasted a second trying to get some cash in to dig their pals at Marillion out of trouble over reduce album sales or whatever PFI means.

They’ve gone the whole hog and have sold the RAF

To Qatar.

I’m not down with the Prime Minister’s gait.

When she walks, she either looks like a grounded bird or Mr Burns from the Simpsons.

My mum says “she’s a fucking hybrid”. I’m pretty certain Mama doesn’t think Theresa May is a Prius.

It’s almost as though she is trying to prevent some sort of prolapse but that can’t be right because she’s fucking hollow.

3 Likes

Me and my fellow workers have to declare the occasional gift we receive from families. But there is a suggestion we donate to the mayor’s office for the annual charity raffle.

westminster-councillor-received-gifts-and-hospitality-514-times-in-three-years

And none of this influence him? Yeah, right.

2 Likes