:tories: Tories in trouble?

I’m sure this behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with BoJo linking up with Steve Bannon recently.

P.s. hey Cherts!

3 Likes

Hello mate, long time no talk!

Yeah. It has everything to do with that, and after being sacked he will make a run for the Tory party leadership. It’s gotta be why he’s being such a relentless cunt (of course, he may just be a relentless cunt).

1 Like

What can he get sacked from though? If he gets the whip withdrawn he can’t run for the leadership, surely?

My thoughts exactly. The only people that can “sack” him from his job as an MP are his constituents. The party can withdraw its official support and recognition, but even if he was locked up in prison for something, he’d still be an MP.

He could do a Goldsmith and be an independent for a couple of days, or if his ego is as big as it appears, start his own party(basically swallow up ukip) with his new BFF Bannon.
Just in time for corporate America to be handed everything on a plate.

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: :brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

On Newsnight tonight Nadim Zahawi (privately educated) Minister for Children and Families is suggesting children at risk could go to boarding schools. Apparently some places are doing this.
So the Local Authority pay 60% of cost and boarding school the other 40%.
In Norfolk of 52 placed over a 10 year period (tiny number) 2/3 came off a child protection plan (they used the dated 2at risk register" term) after 3 years. Their GCSE grades were better than their other at risk cohort.

So I’d hope that a child placed outside of their home (where they may be at risk) or their local area (where they may be at risk of gangs etc) that they would come off a child protection plan way before 3 years. If a child is on a child protection plan over a year there needs to be questions about the efficacy of the plan.

It is also a small number of children who would get this support from the large number of children who need preventative services. This money could be used in re-opening the closed children’s centres or youth centres,

In line with your thoughts @krg

3 Likes
3 Likes

Johnson really is a despicable little shit. He made those comments knowing full well that they could and would be defended by all of his little chums (Rees-Mogg et al) as being a touch of humour and nothing more. They are, of course, belittling and ridiculing of Muslim women, and Johnson knows this full well.

As others have pointed out, it’s dog-whistle stuff for Muslim-haters.

8 Likes

Not that it matters a huge amount, but if things do pan out, BoJo will soon be my MP.

That’ll be at least another 2 votes against him. Not that it’ll make much difference.

2 Likes

Oh, lordy - really?

I am interested to see what happens with Boris - there is pretty widespread criticism within the Tory ranks, however if he continues to refuse to apologise, then I would expect a formal reaction from the party.

I also expect them to pull their finger out and get it done quickly, instead of letting it fester

Well there you are… It’s starting. Confusion as to whether it’s racist/offensive. And if its not (and if people convince themselves so) then it’s fine to say stuff like that. Just like in Denmark, as soon as the burqa ban comes in a member of the public attacks a Muslim woman trying to remove her face covering. And why not… The Muslim woman was breaking the law. I’m sure that Danish woman intervened with all sorts of petty law breaking before - chasing litterers down the road ands attacking those who went at 32mph in a 30 zone.

5 Likes

As if by clockwork…

Funny how similar a line this is to one frequently trotted out by a now less-spotted former poster.

3 Likes

Martyrdom?

Not sure the current Tory leadership wants to have a charismatic, pin-up boy racist waiting in the wings who just “says what everyone else thinks”.

To combat that sort of character last time, Cameron had to agree to a referendum.

I think the snidey wanker is making a political play. He can see the agro JC is getting regarding antisemitism and has decided to take an issue, which if treated respectfully, probably deserves some debate, and weaponise it by making purposely inflammatory statements. He is too eloquent a writer not to know what he was doing.

Now he is forcing May and the Tory leadership into a corner - do they do nothing and risk a Corbynesque crisis which would surely do for May, or do they go for him, risking the slim majority that they have if his supporters throw in behind him, which could also do for May. Boris’ issue is that he has sidelined himself by resigning and has to find a way to stay topical - he has nothing to lose and everything to win.

Personally, I would start party disciplinary proceedings against him and let process take its course. He will probably get an official reprimand or the like. I also think he might have overplayed his hand on this one.

1 Like

Not so sure about that. I’m with @KRG on this. Steve Bannon came over here and made it clear he would be working with right wingers in order to create a British trump style situation. It’s populism plain and simple. It’s reading the mood of a large number of people, fed up with migration and turning more and more nasty. There’ll be a lot of people out there agreeing with Johnson, not seeing a problem with the language used and he’s been cute enough to take a topic which merits discussion (this is the downfall of intellectuals - they can see it warrants debate but probably know it’ll get twisted to fit the growing racism but the argument will be about freedom of speech and (as Johnson has already said) liberal values.)
Boris knows exactly what he’s done and he’s in a win- win situation. If they sack him then he’s a martyr for the right and he’ll have all the brexit voting racists (not saying all Brexit voters are racist, clearly some voted for other reasons) singing his name. He can then swoop in on a massive wave of popularity…our version of the Donald. If they don’t sack him it just further weakens May and her position.

5 Likes