šŸ§Ÿ The walking dead / Fear the walking dead / Flight 462

and I still havenā€™t watched a single episodeā€¦

2 Likes

Nor have I.

I didnā€™t buy Thriller either.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very competently put together show. The effects are never anything less than top quality. As Iā€™ve said loads of times before, itā€™s not really about zombies. Itā€™s not really about how humans cope with zombies. Itā€™s more a statement on what happens to humans without consumerism to keep everything going.

I didnā€™t like the way that bloke said ā€˜Carlā€™, it really ground my gears so I stopped watching.

2 Likes

thanks for heads up, had been waiting for the last episode.

1 Like

I am really enjoying Fear The Walking Dead this year. Itā€™s an even more fragmented show than the original, in that you jump around a lot between characters. Last season was honestly a bit of a let down, but the finale put a narrative context around the showā€™s structure that really works for it.

Basically, they all got kidnapped at the end of the last season, have been separated and are basically slave labour for a very authoritarian community.

This season has been about our characters dealing with that, and itā€™s excellent. There is a little bit of crossover with the main universe, so some interesting things get tied up here from that.

Mostly though, itā€™s attempting a lot of cool shit this season. A growing rebellion. Guerilla warfare. Itā€™s all going on.

I see the 3rd part of Season 10 has started rolling out, looking at the synopsis of the episodes they all seem to be along the line of introspection of past events, hmmm

I didnā€™t even know there was anything beyong episode 16 this season. I will give it a go.

Watching episode seventeen. Itā€™s actually more of a sort out than anything else. Maggie is unaware that Negan is out of chokey and was instrumental in neutralising the Whisperer threat.

Donā€™t mind episodes like this. In fact, I think theyā€™re essential. You canā€™t have loud without a bit of quiet.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a loyal fan of the show, even as it has laboured in later seasons. Itā€™s had redeeming moments so Iā€™ve stuck with it.

But these bonus episodes are a waste of time. The first one was okay as Maggie returning was addressed and there was a bit of action.

But last weekā€™s episode was pointless. At best it was a backstory for a dog! But it was almost as if the writers suddenly realised that Daryl had not had a love interest in ten seasons so saw an opportunity to shoehorn one in.

This weekā€™s is equally as pointless. Just fluff. Small cast (like last week) to satisfy social distancing precautions, but zero point to the storylines.

1 Like

Actually bowed out of last weekā€™s episode.

Walking Dead is at its best when it has momentum, sometimes at its worst when it doesnā€™t. Much of Fear suffered from Flashback-itis. Might have been better to end things at episode sixteen this year. These episodes arenā€™t doing them an favours.

1 Like

Another garbage one on Monday.

They really need to just leave it be until they can film properly.

And hope the ā€œDaryl and Carolā€ show doesnā€™t follow a similar format.

I actually thought the Princess one was alright, the Gabriel and Aaron one was OKishā€¦the rest have been pants.

If the stormtroopers end up being from ā€˜The Commonwealthā€™ then what an uninteresting introduction for them.

For me, this week featured 4 characters that Iā€™m just not bothered about. Eugene is probably the best of a bad bunch. But yeah, this episode was probably the worst episode ever in my opinion.

1 Like

Eugene didnā€™t even sound like Eugene when he was whispering. Pants.

1 Like

Hello @Spudders

Long time no see on here.

2 Likes

I dunno what you mean, Iā€™m always here, just usually use my @pap profile :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought I was the only real poster apart from @pap, or am I also just another made up profileā€¦? :sunglasses::wink:

1 Like