🛠❓ The Technical Support Thread

If you’re having to reboot the router every hour, your download speed may have been automatically slowed. I had this once with a faulty router that kept disconnecting, the supply system assumes your system can’t cope with the speed of supply so it slows it. That would presumably stop or greatly slow the rate at which Deezer and Bose (great vaudeville act, those two… :grin:) can download the music you’re trying to play. Check your download speed, there’s an online tool for that, search “Internet speed test”.

@Shroppie https://www.speedtest.net

Wow mine is slow today, mind you I am on my work laptop connected to their VPN

The Google one is easy to use too…

It’s round about 75, as good as I can get as no fibre to the house. Same as has been when things worked.

Have you tried connecting the pc via your phone on a mobile hot spot? It’s clearly been caused by your broadband supply being interrupted. If it works through 4g that would tell you if it was definitely BT.

It’s an idea but means reconfiguring the Bose Soundtouch to the hotspot, which is a pain but I could do.

It’s weird as all other devices arexwirking fine on the wifi, and other streaming services (internet radio) are ok on Bose too. And my Deezer account is good as I can log in on my phone and play anything through the BT hub and wifi. So something’s blocking the Deezer packages getting to Bose devices.

Ah. Well in that case, I’ve exhausted my technical knowledge. :frowning::smile:

1 Like

That makes two of us.

1 Like

What is a Deezer?
Seems it’s not an Essex man in Dubai apparently.
None the wiser

Interesting. :male_detective:‍♂
I finally updated my ANDROID OS.
And suddenly, I have a battery again.
Pre update phone would last 6 to 8 hours.
Now? 16 hours use, still 48% battery.

Maybe they kicked some of the spyware shit off at last.
Any other published reasons for this performance turn round?

1 Like

I think it’s something like Spotify.

1 Like

I’ll ask the kids - they know stuff like Instantgram and Snaptwat….

1 Like

Maybe it’s because you stopped sticking it up your bum on “violently vibrate”.

I saved 65% of my battery this way.

2 Likes

I have a Square reader, which until a few days ago worked fine with my Realme 6. Now won’t connect, saying the device is incompatible, or rather it seems to connect and then shows the error message. The reader still works with my old Huawei. I’m assuming that a software update on the phone is responsible, although I don’t remember installing one. Any ideas?

Bit harsh on the bird?

3 Likes

Is this what you are talking about??

Yes. Had it for a couple of years, the only issue I’ve had previously was when I rooted the old phone trying to retrieve some pictures. When I reset that, the reader worked again. It’s been fine with the current phone for about a year.

It says in the bumpf that it connects via bluetooth, have you tried deleting the bluetooth profile and re-authorising it??

I have. It then reconnects, but comes up with this…

I think it must be some protocol in the phone as it still works ok on my old one.

Yeah, the Realme update must have blocked some Bluetooth security protocol that your Square Reader uses.

Have you tried any of these suggestions :-

https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/5673-square-contactless-and-chip-card-reader-troubleshooting

Have you got the latest version of the Square Reader app on your phone??