⚽ 🔄 The Summer (or Autumn) 2020 transfer thread

His opening bid will be £8.50 plus a back row Spurs season ticket, and us to subsidise Hojbergs wages for the first season.

2 Likes

Not new but adds to rumours

I guess we want to try get 60m cash in and spend 30m

ORLY?

Clearly already been tapped up by Spurs. Much like Liverpool and VVD. Despite Chelsea and City wanting him, he’d already made up his mind meaning we couldn’t spark up a meaningful bidding war.

£18m! Thought he was going for £35m? Even target went for that and he’d not played lots of games, wasnt an international or played for Bayern! Tight bastards

At 25 surely Reed has gone beyond the sort of young player to be loaned out?

I actually thought he had left permanently

We were never getting £35m from Spurs. No chance. The fact he’s more or less decided that’s where he’s going means we are buggered.

Luckily we probably want your new man crush in part exchange!

This isn’t sour grapes at all but I’m genuinely not fussed about PEH leaving. I love his attitude and he seems a sensible down to earth bloke but he is not that great and is very replaceable. Considering all that have gone before him, I’m surprised he is that sought after.

Not that he will, but if he did go to Everton for £35m it would be an absolutely perfect signing for them. Perfect because it would sum up the mediocrity that is that club! For the amount of money they have spunked in the last 5 years, they really should be doing a hell of a lot better.

3 Likes

I agree with most of that. I don’t think we’ll miss him at all. However, even average players nowadays go for 30m. We could sucker some cunt for that much , surely?

On the subject of Everton…Somebody sent me this earlier:

Premier League clubs by their net spend over the past five years :eyes:

1. Man City – £601.98m
  2. Man Utd – £484.88m
  3. Arsenal – £267.88m
  4. Everton – £225.42m
  5. Brighton – £214.86m
  6. Wolves – £205.22m
  7. West Ham – £187.49m
  8. Bournemouth – £176.95m
  9. Aston Villa – £166.65m
  10. Watford – £125.69m
  11. Leicester City – £124.83m
  12. Newcastle – £122.91m
  13. Chelsea – £115.57m
  14. Liverpool – £107.58m
  15. Tottenham – £106.62m
  16. Crystal Palace – £75.69m
  17. Burnley – £59.4m
  18. Sheffield United – £56.71m
  19. Southampton – £22.32m
  20. Norwich City – £25.42m profit
2 Likes

Not when he’s Got less than 12 months left on his contract and already decided he wants to go to Spurs. They are clearly the best team that have expressed an interest in him/tapped him up.

He’s an idiot if he even considers going to Everton.

Remember we sold Wanyama to Spurs for about £12m because he only had a year left. That was what we paid for him. Levy is a tight fuck and uses the tapping up as leverage because the player has effectively told us that we need to deal with them and nobody else.

2 Likes

At the moment I’d accept a straight swap PEH for KWP.

8 Likes

Not sure which of this list is most surprising. Brighton £214m? :anguished:

1 Like

I think his value was £25m until people saw his performance in the final 20 minutes last night

4 Likes

Almost impossible to read that article with all the fricking adverts embedded in it…

1 Like