⚽ 🔄 The Summer (or Autumn) 2020 transfer thread

When he signed, think he meant as a role model

I say get him on a free and offer him a couple years at the end of the season.

We’ll need a bigger squad next year due to our champions league and club World Cup commitments.

7 Likes

Yep some of us old stagers have a lot to offer. :+1:

1 Like

He’d be free for sure - Everton are paying most of his wages and he’s a free agent in the Summer.

Agreed. Let’s hope he agrees a salary more in line with our existing structure. Less than Ings for sure

2 Likes

By that time I’m sure he will have shown how much he is worth to us.

Let’s hope it’s a lot rather than nothing

Indeed.

I’m sure he would tbh.

1 Like

He was quoted as saying that he actually forfeited a significant amount himself in order to join us

He is costing us £50k a week. Everton pay the rest.

I think Walcott has been excellent. Slotting straight into the team with little preparation, he’s shows excellent positional awareness, good pace, a nifty ability to tackle at the right time. And can finish (except for a 1 on 1 :grinning: ). He’s a quality player, has learned a lot at Arsenal and loves it here - what’s not to like? I’d have him on a permanent deal in a flash if we can afford his wedge.

5 Likes

I like the new option he gives us - basically running direct at the box. It is something different. Redz & Moussa run in from the wings Theo down the middle is just a new option.
It would be fantastic if he could then actually finish.

1 Like

That’ll come with game time I am sure. You know that he has now scored in 15 consecutive premier league seasons, that is some record…

2 Likes

If he could finish regularly Everton would not have let him out on loan

4 Likes

You could say that about Shane Long tbf…

2 Likes

Yep. I reckon
Theo will bag a few this season. Long, not so much.

1 Like

Yes, I got the impression from Shane’s body language when he came on for the last few minutes on Monday that he’s not happy about slipping down the pecking order. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went out on loan in January, he could still do a good job for someone, maybe in the Championship.

3 Likes

Perfect WBA signing

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: :soccer: :arrows_counterclockwise: The January 2021 transfer thread