⚽ 🔃 The Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

Any rumours about a new left back yet?

At this point I’m expecting Bertrand to walk away so I think we can expect to be after at least two full backs this summer.

I’m intrigued to see what happens here because our recent recruitment has not exactly delivered immediate first teamers. A lot of the signings have taken time to get in the side whereas we have literally no other options so there will be no time to settle.

No doubt Brandon Williams will get mentioned again but Ralph has also stated he wants a natural left footer there. So any move for Williams would likely be as cover for both LB and also competition and cover at RB. But I suspect he will want more guaranteed minutes to leave.

Unknown-6

1 Like

If there is a rumour we wont be after that player :wink:

I expect we have the left back deal already done plus 1 more. Get them in before they go on vacation give them their training plan full pre season.
Semmens & Ralph said that this week.
Then we see what comes up over the summer or if we need to replace anyone

Wr need more than 2 signings.

2 Likes

I thought Ralph/Semmens said two full backs and a number 6 midfielder as a minimum on top of what we’ve already got.

And someone who can stay fit and score goals…a lot of goals.

Ffs dont you lot read the posts?

Semmens & Ralph said planning to get TWO EARLY SIGNINGS done EARLY.
Then see what opportunities come up because they believe the market is all messed up.
At no point did I say we are making 2 signings nor did they.
All detailed in transcripts on the Social Media thread from the fans forum

1 Like

He’s not even a year into current 4 year contract.
Probably far too expensive for us!

Perhaps Saints might be lucky with a nasty striker.

2 Likes
  • Ryan Bertrand is reportedly in talks with Arsenal, AC Milan and Monaco about a free transfer this summer after contract negotiations with Southampton broke down.

A replacement for £10m or less? Blimey

Or a League One player…

You get the feeling he is about to do a Fonte and end up at Palace or the Hammers

3 Likes

Yep. Although Arsenal are a mid range club these days so it could well be them. They signed Cedric after all.

Still a decent defender, not so great now going forward. Useful in a team that doesn’t rely on attacking FBs

Please let us sign Mr Tumble to play right back.

1 Like

Saints fans
Bertrand is shit get rid.

Bertrand - in talks with Citeh, Arsenal, AC Milan & Monaco
:man_facepalming:

Do you honestly see him going to any of those bar arsenal? He’s far more likely to end up somewhere like West Ham than one of the established big clubs, like CB suggested.