⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Yeah, but you told me in the spring that the club was being taken over by a conglomerate of Cardassians and Bajorans, and I believed you.

It was fucking naive of me, and I’ll never make that mistake again.

I knew deep down that they could never work together on such a venture.

Swiss Scilians may be but Cardassians? Nah Sisko sorted them out

And why is Les still here?

Might make a decent replacement for Tadic and Boufal.

Les will never make a replacement for Tadic or Boufal his little stumpy legs have gone.

4 Likes

And his vision for a through ball is letting him down

Well what’s with all this signing players early?

WTF are we going to moan about towards the end of the window?

I guess there’s always possibility that we will have signed players too early.

2 Likes

And the Telegraph is reporting Danny Ings has left Liverhampton by mutual consent :thinking:

Don’t be silly Bletch.
We SELL players to Liverhampton, we don’t buy them these days.
Anything else would upset the natural balance of the Cosmos.

1 Like

He will be bought cut-price…we will give him a season of success and sell him back at an inflated price…Simples.

2 Likes

Watching fiverweb infighting and point scoring, think it is time to copy this - last year’s EPL Squad size rules.
“Sell before buy” blah blah. Well, maybe we do need to do that for financial reasons.
Equally, we may need to do that for “Homegrown Player” reasons.

All very well signing another winger from France and wanting to keep Tadic (for example) but…
At the end of the day we can only have 17 non home grown players in our squad and a total of 25 “first team players” ie over 21. It isn’t as simple as signing/keeping everyone. And no I ain’t doing the bloody maths on this :slight_smile:

After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had until 4pm BST on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the “Home Grown Player” (HGP) criteria.

The rest of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window.

Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad.

For the 2017/18 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1996.

Each club squad list is below as well as an additional list of each club’s registered Under-21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players.

As of end of last season our squad was 26 players…
I assume Jack Rose and Obafemi counted as U-21 Josh Sims was 21 in March, so maybe now we lose a squad space.

And Armstrong isn’t counted in that number

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/southampton-fc/2018/2/

Good morning boys and girls. You will be delighted to hear that I have had my coffee and am now raring to go with spamming this thread with every link I can find containing the letters ‘S, O, U, T, H, A, M, P, T, O, N, F, C’

Tadic close to Ajax move (£18m) and he is an honourable man apparently and is not seeking a move to another Premier League club or to China to line his pockets and perve over Pelle’s Missus

It’s on Sky spurts twatter feed now

I thought the same thing, although he appears to be labouring under the misapprehension that we play attractive, attacking football.

[Edit: Oh, and I have now idea how to quote your post, @saintbletch - no obvious icon to click and it doesn’t do it automatically - so quite possibly, my post makes no sense at all].

[another edit - for some reason, when I typed @ bletch is came up with bletchtest]

[yet another edit: I just noticed you’re actually saintbletch so I’ve corrected it]

2 Likes

Great work Simon! I’m awaiting an influx of transfer news as we speak. I also wanted to show off my new avatar :wink:

Old Fart Teaching Young Fart “How To Quote”
Highlight the text you wish to quote. A “Quote” tab appears above the passage you highlighted. Click on the “Quote tab” and it is automatically placed inside a new “Reply Pane”. Continue with your answer. When complete click the “Reply” button…you numpty . :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

Nope I don’t see any connection at all. No Siree.
Les even makes 2 million for Gao’s interest charges.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC

Hmm Two Twitter links in one post doesn’t work then…