⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Was speaking to a Celtic season ticket holder last night. He rates Armstrong highly and said we’d be getting a player in the ‘Jordan Henderson mould’, make of that what you will…

I’ve read a few things about him from Celtic fans and a few pundits and they seem to suggest that he links midfield and attack quite nicely. There was a disconnect between these in the last two years so if he can raise his game to the demands of a tougher league then he could be a smart signing.

As Phil says, Davis was for a few years an unsung hero in the way in which he initiated the press under Pochettino and knitted together the defensive midfield and our attack. Then Puel started playing him deeper for whatever reason and he hasn’t been the same since. Obviously age and injuries have contributed.

3 Likes

Enjoyed the “climb-down” from Ajax on Twiitter today. Basically they want to buy Tadic but nothing has been agreed. Kind of like saying I want a date with Jessica Alba but nothing has been agreed.

He may well leave but following the meltdown seems Saints have not (YET) sold him, so I am happy to sit and watch WHO we have lined up as replacement. A few murmurs rumbling on Twitter of younger Tadicesque players being “targetted” so maybe for once we will buy and sell at the same time…

1 Like

The Southern Daily Echo now reporting that Saints are vying with Leicester City for the Basle winger Mohamed Elyounoussi. £16million is the fee quoted.

1 Like

Southampton are willing to pay 20 million euros (£17.6m) for Barcelona striker Paco Alcacer, 24, but face competition for the Spaniard from Turkish side Fenerbahce. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Thought I saw on one of the Tweets that Barca only want to let him go in January?

I am like a dead Canary.

I don’t do Tweets.

You sure?

More Tadic to Ajax words

Those ‘sources’ at Sky reckon Armstrong will be announced soon on a 4 year dealio. No point reading the article, I have pretty much told you everything in this excessively long title.

1 Like

More French clubs apparently interested in Boufal

On the same subject, the Echo suggests that the club will take a hit on the £8m we paid for Clasie and sell him (if we can I assume). Adam Leitch has also added a comment about whispers on offers for Lemina… which I personally hope isn’t a sign of things to come (this summer at least) or the club letting us down gently before selling him to Liverpool/Spurs on July 2nd after paying him his ‘loyalty’ bonus.

I haven’t posted on this thread for about 7 minutes and am getting withdrawal symptoms.

On that basis, have a bit of this:

https://readsouthampton.com/2018/06/26/southampton-reportedly-have-bid-accepted-for-mohamed-elyounoussi/

2 Likes

He’s leaving Basel for us, eh?

Perhaps he doesn’t like his Swiss role.

2 Likes

Have you been schmoking again? That’s 2 crap dad jokes in one night?

1 Like

Please stop doing this

Richard Whiteley ain’t doing it no more, Fats.

Someone’s gotta.

I’m having a row with my krew about Armstrong. I’ve actually followed him since last summer so will say now
#unsunghero
#stecedaviswithnewlegs
The last 2 clowns played Davis at DM when he is a box to box CM guy. I’m really happy with this signing. Fvck off fiverweb & twitter

4 Likes