⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Maybe 16 year olds don’t count?
#academyrules?

Not transfer news but:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11473284

Yeah that’s weird - Al Jankewitz.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the shortening of the transfer window just for the PL?
Also, he appears to have been out of contract since the end of June, so may be it was done before, but we’ve just been sorting out compensation.
Looks like a good addition.

Ah, if he’s out of contract then that makes sense!! Thanks for reading the article for me SoS

Not in the article, but looked at transfermarket.
He seems very highly rated going on the clubs interested, so nice for us😁

Aye but that was just for clubs in the PL, anyone outside of the PL can still buy a PL player for another 2 weeks. PL clubs just can’t bring IN new players

Our academy don’t play in the PL was my thinking, so as @Polski_Filip said, possibly different rules for age groups.
Wouldn’t @Matthew-Le-God know?

Ah, OK, from here

Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window (and/or in the Extended Period, if applicable) in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 55, be declined or will only be approved:

where the Player is transferred on a Temporary Loan Transfer during the Extended Period (as defined in Regulation 42.2.2);

where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

where the Player was last registered as or is being registered as a Scholar or Academy Player (subject to such conditions by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound); and/or

if agreed by The League (including where the Player was last registered with a Club (or club) which has ceased to trade, including during the Closed Period) subject to such conditions as determined by The League and by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound.

1 Like
1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

Imagine being the back up option to signing Loris Calamity Karius… poor old Fraser.

Imagine being Besiktas fan and signing Karius and Fraser…

1 Like

Disappointed by this. I would have thought this was his season to displace Redmond or keep Elyounoussi out.

Perhaps he needs first team football?

But if we’re going to send players out on loan to prove themselves and then ignore the results (Targett promoting Fulham and the subject of a big bid) then what’s the point?

2 Likes

Also think bloated squad syndrome at the .moment he wouldn’t get near the bench except cup games

I suppose that’s exactly the point. His value won’t increase sitting on the bench at Saints. I too am a bit disappointed, although after watching the last couple of u-23 games I would say that Hesketh is closer to the first team than Sims.

2 Likes

And in other news, the Turkish economy sees signs of strong recovery.

Although experts claim that the economic surge is down to unprecedented demand for tetanus shots in the Istanbul area.

Apparently there have been a spate of attacks where scousers have attempted to bite Besikta’s club officials’ fucking hands off.

3 Likes