⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

It was linked a few days ago, tentative mumbles on fiverweb and also on the saintsworld - picked up on a tweet about Forster at WBA and Watford making a derisory 1 million offer for him…

But we all know he is not what we need going forward in the new world of anti tika taka tiki
Maybe he could do a job for Spain?

Ooops nasty

I meant the £12m not the source :grinning:

Ha! I wonder how much we stand to lose on this potential deal.

1 Like

To be fair MoPe is their Manager so maybe trying to do the right thing

Or,
Manager realises that he’ll go before the end of the season and he will end up at worse club, so signs player(for stupid money) knowing it’s the only way to get said player to the club manager knows is his eventual destination and we’re left paying the difference.
We’ve been shafted.

Maybe they’re in love.

1 Like

Carrillo gone. Loan deal

What a fucking waste of money

3 Likes

Hard to argue with that assessment.

Let’s hope he actually does well over there so there might actually be some takers for him this time next year.

There cant be too many players who cost more than £2m per game, Neymar perhaps.

1 Like

He is definitely worse than Osvaldo. At least Captain Jack scored a cracking goal against Man City and then laid the nut on Fonte.

1 Like

Funny how I find myself slightly more sympathetic to Captain Jack now, eh?

Another speedy exclusive from those ‘Sky Sources’…

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11425070/southampton-interested-in-signing-jannik-vestergaard-from-borussia-mochengladbach

If they weren’t so utterly obsessed with the top 6 clubs, then they could have reported this at least a week ago when the story first broke.

Looks like real interest then

Cedric Soares Southampton :joy::hotsprings:

3 Likes

What’s happening with this one anyone? Thought we were going to announce him at the beginning of the week!!

Ah, this should answer your question…

BY ALEX CROOK

3 Likes

Ignore me, I’ve got you now…

I pulled this from that “Southampton Rumours” site. It’s from the Ed that seems quite ITK so take it or leave it I guess.

05 Jul 2018 10:58:54Most of the posts go to the Southampton Banter page.

04 Jul 2018 11:15:24
I understand that Southampton want two CBs (although it is unclear to me where that would leave Yoshida), a CM, an AM player, a RW, a LW and a striker. Southampton are overrun with strikers but it just hasn’t worked out well - it looks like three will bbe available to leave and they will try to bring one in.
Interest:
Marlon Santos (CB) - an offer has been made
Jannik Vestergaard (CB) - Spurs, Arsenal and Inter Milan have all shown interest in JV in the past but Southampton have spoken with Vestergaard’s agent and Borussia Mönchengladbach
Mouctar Diakhaby (CB) - Southampton approached Lyon but it was clear the player was going to move to Valencia
Ben Gibson (CB) - surprising that Southampton did not push for Gibson, and that might open the door for Everton
Stuart Armstrong (CM) - done
Xherdan Shaqiri (AM/ RW) - is well known to Hughes and is versatile
Mohamed Elyounoussi (LW) - done
Ademola Lookman (LW) - looked at but won’t happen
Adama Traore (LW) - looked at but opted for ME
Danny Ings (S) - wants a move and could be a very good signing
Paco Alcacer (F) - interest remains from January but there is also interest from elsewhere

Available:
Guido Carrillo (S)
Manolo Gabbiadini (S)
Sam Gallagher (S)
Maya Yoshida (CB) - possibly
Sofiane Boufal (AM/ W)
Jordy Clasie (DM)
Florin Gardos (CB) (gone)
Dusan Tadic (AM/ W) (gone)

1 Like