⚽ The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

I think you’l find @Simon-says that training shirt has a “Tummy Control Panel” hence the price.

3 Likes

Do they no longer need to ‘bend the knee’ an obvious euphemism for sucking him off? New signings used to provide Rupert with this service… allegedly

Just buy it and stop whining.
Or do you want the kids in the factory to go hungry again?

11 Likes

I like your style @UnderArmour

2 Likes

Yeah so did I. Boĺlox.
Or his contract was only group games.
Fyi Les was the only board member who did NOT want to sack MoPe. Every source implied he was going at end of season.
Digging required

As of a report from Asia this week.
No.
Think we are spending the Primes money and the deals are all symtaged payments not lump sums.
If you add McQueen & Davis to Tadic money (poss even FF) it isn’t big money being spent. More sensible money ,& probably lower wages

And if anyone wants proof of the power of Cortese’s mate watch the advertising hoardings at the WC :wink:

Stolen him from under West Ham’s noise apparently…

A cynic would say …
West Ham’s recruitment policy has been pretty awful apart from Payet if they rate him then perhaps he is a bang average journeyman…
Equally - ah another ball playing CB that won’t win defensive headers from set pieces

Yeah I read he is under 6 foot… strange one. Unless Hughes is planning on sticking with a back three and this little midget is going to be like Azpilecuta at Chelsea. Or we find out he can play right back as well, since Pied left.

Or… Les, has developed little man syndrome over the last 6 months and refuses to sign anybody more vertically blessed. Hence our big bruising target man (Carrillo) is also about 5’10”.

1 Like

Cannavaro at 5’9" and Puyol at 5’10"…

…then again carrying a flick-knife during games and playing for one of the greatest sides ever, respectively, probably gave them a few more inches.

Just an FYI Mo hasn’t travelled with the squad to China

No doubt still getting his Visa

1 Like

Warrick Davis…4’ 2"

1 Like

Yeah. At those clubs they do so little defending that having ball players is more important. Barcelona and Milan etc don’t often get pinned back in their own box and have to face Pulis and Allardyce teams going route one.

Considering we conceded an obscene number of headed goals last season, I would like to think we would be addressing this with a more dominant and physical presence. We were also linked with a Danish bloke who was 6’7” so I don’t see how you can go from that to this.

Maybe the clearout has only just started and Stephens, Yoshida or Bednarek are off? Loan deals for the younger two perhaps.

1 Like

This article also references the Danish centre back.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Royal London One-Day Cup Final - Sat 30th June 2018 Sky Spts 10.30am

SAINTS ENTER RACE FOR INGS

Southampton have been made favourites to sign Liverpool striker Danny Ings by Sky Bet.

The 25-year-old is reportedly looking to leave the Champions League finalists as he looks for more game time.

1 Like

For the right money (believe Liverpool have said they won’t put a prohibitive fee on his head) then I’d give him a run - after a really thorough medical.

“Fighting Liverpool” to sign Shaqiri

:joy::joy::joy:

(Says a podcaster)