📚 The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

2 Likes

It’s effectively no alcohol. They put it down as “no more than…” because very few drinks can guarantee zero alcohol, fruit juice being a prime example. Orange juice can be 2% abv if it’s left out of the fridge for a few hours.

That explains the hangover.

1 Like

Was supposed to be working today but the boss let me ‘work from home’ which meant I only had a couple of hours of stuff to do.

Went out for a 30k ride which is the furthest I’ve been since my shoulder went back last year. FIngers going a bit numb is disconcerting but so fantastic to get the heart moving again.

Lots of people out and about in Winch today. Lots of cars on the roads too. Feels like we’re letting this isolation thing slip a bit.

Was going to have an evening at the virtual pub with my mate in Munich but he’s blown me out. So popcorn and a movie on the sofa with Mrs Bletch will be a good end to the day.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :crazy_face: Stir Crazy Antidote #7 - Lie about your life with Polski Philip

I moved Phil’s gig game to its own thread.

1 Like

Supposed to be starting two weeks of half-term but the school will be staying open.

I’ll still be in albeit on very shift pattern as we won’t have all of the kids in.

Could have really done with a complete break but wasn’t to be. Then again, my normal half-term hobby of catching up with mates and getting slaughtered isn’t possible with the pubs shut. So I guess I’m not missing out too much. I’ll just have to drink at home and go to work pissed instead. Not.

1 Like

My contact less didn’t work for several days about 2 weeks ago. :thinking:

I need a break from this all too. Looking forward to easter weekend for 4 days of no logging on to my work laptop.

Had an email yday re our flights to Berlin end of May. Cancelled but then rebooked on to another flight that day. Still no update on the Frank Turner fest being cancelled (surely it will) to be able to sort it all out.

1 Like

4 Likes

Just had a 2hour+ houseparty laugh with loads of mates from all over the UK. Top work. A bit pissed.
Luckily we all have teenagers to make the tech work. Happy days x

4 Likes
4 Likes

Getting our “trying to get Glastonbury tickets” vibe when trying to get on Ocado site. We are in guys! Probably can only order for early 2021.

Edit - no slots at all. Making us wait showing the number people going down in the queue. So will have to venture out later.

3 Likes

We have just had some dartboards and a football table delivered offshore ,

As we are finishing our two week lockdown tonight. tomorrow will be a day of rest. I have organised a football tournament, there will be a proper BBQ on the poop deck along with Karaoke.
Rule 1 will not apply as no photography allowed as the flash may set of fire detectors. although we will have two oil drums full of charcoal searing steaks and chicken legs.

5 Likes

Just did the shopping on my own. Had to queue to get into the co-op. I pretty much got most things and then went into the international shop. I was asked if I knew what gram flour was. Yes thanks!
Having walked back with 3 bags and full rucksack I think I may apply for SAS show with that Ant bloke on it.

3 Likes

Sainsburys delivered this morning…everything we ordered arrived. Anyone got adventurous recipes for bog rolls?
Scrubbed everything off diligently, (now that our box of 100 Latex Powder free gloves arrived) and stowed away.
Two NHS letters received both for my wife, one hospital appointment cancelled and another changed to a telephone consultation.
Scrubbed other envelope that revealed the new “Karmann Ghia Club of UK” magazine with a nice black KG on the front cover. :lou_lol:

5 Likes

We need to know what you sing!!

I can pretty much guarantee it is going to be

Please release me let me go.

5 Likes

If anyone wants something to do of an evening I can recommend this on twitter (Tim Burgess just liked one of my rather mundane tweets!)

1 Like

5 Likes