📚 The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

We have just had some dartboards and a football table delivered offshore ,

As we are finishing our two week lockdown tonight. tomorrow will be a day of rest. I have organised a football tournament, there will be a proper BBQ on the poop deck along with Karaoke.
Rule 1 will not apply as no photography allowed as the flash may set of fire detectors. although we will have two oil drums full of charcoal searing steaks and chicken legs.

5 Likes

Just did the shopping on my own. Had to queue to get into the co-op. I pretty much got most things and then went into the international shop. I was asked if I knew what gram flour was. Yes thanks!
Having walked back with 3 bags and full rucksack I think I may apply for SAS show with that Ant bloke on it.

3 Likes

Sainsburys delivered this morning…everything we ordered arrived. Anyone got adventurous recipes for bog rolls?
Scrubbed everything off diligently, (now that our box of 100 Latex Powder free gloves arrived) and stowed away.
Two NHS letters received both for my wife, one hospital appointment cancelled and another changed to a telephone consultation.
Scrubbed other envelope that revealed the new “Karmann Ghia Club of UK” magazine with a nice black KG on the front cover. :lou_lol:

5 Likes

We need to know what you sing!!

I can pretty much guarantee it is going to be

Please release me let me go.

5 Likes

If anyone wants something to do of an evening I can recommend this on twitter (Tim Burgess just liked one of my rather mundane tweets!)

1 Like

5 Likes

FFS, this has been posted on a local group page…

And earlier someone posted this but was quite rightly called a prick by 70% of people

1 Like

“The idea is that everyone plays the same piece of music at the same time”

That’s not going to work is it?

Can i suggest a song suitable for the complete fucking madness?

1 Like

You just know its gonna be Baby Shark as the 2nd song

At least my street is not that fucking stupid - at 4pm we are all going to sit at the end of our drives and get shit faced.

1 Like

Fuck me… move as soon a this is over… just move, leave your stuff dont care about material possessions and regain your freedom and integrity away from such fucking weird people…

2 Likes

What a coincidence…we are thinking of joining the proles this afternoon. Taking the matched pair and shooting brake down to the front gates with a jolly well stocked picnic hamper. Maybe share a little tiffin with the less fortunate.
What Ho. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

To those anti-social types having Bonfires & BBQ’s…

1 Like

Fuck that. I’m having another one tonight.

I have had a cracking afternoon

The whole street was out, we had tables in the road. We all drank several bottles of wine

I even met someone new (lived in the road eight years)

Doing it again on Good Friday

3 Likes

Did you use loud hailers?

Well Sid at no 8 is a bit mutton but most of us can hear from a couple of metres

1 Like

3 Likes