📚 The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

Well, the Independent can do one, or at least the op ed can, sanctimonious prat

5 Likes

He must live on his own

1 Like

So another morning of labour at neighbours. Clearing huge pile of old wood.
Pretty swanky but should keep us warm while we have these frosts over next couple of weeks.
In return neighbour is doing the queue at Lidl in full PPE (now mandatory to wear masks & gloves when out (yeah go figure, we can buy that stuff in the pharmacies here inc the special silver based washable masks).
Just recorded my 90 second video clip. I think it was utter shit, let’s see what the editors think.
Hopefully only now need to do a beer & vodka run before Sunday.

What fvcking day is it today anyway? And seriously hope I can actually get some streaming band width this evening

Interesting about that, from this article…

The WHO recommends keeping a distance of at least 1m from anyone coughing or sneezing to avoid the risk of infection.

It says people who are sick and show symptoms should wear masks.

But it advises that healthy people only need to wear them if they are caring for others suspected of being infected or if they themselves are coughing or sneezing.

To be honest, one glance at the photo on his byline removes any lingering doubt that he’s a complete, unmitigated cunt.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: :crazy_face: Stir Crazy Antidote #7 - Lie about your life with Polski Philip

Back in the office today. Phones quieter but I had a really hard call with 2 argumentative parents. I wasn’t my usually calm self and trying to tell them that really we were there for urgent child protection calls didn’t help. They said I told them things I definitely did not. It was very weird call.
We were given some Hotel Chocolate choc which I cannot eat so I’ve donated to the communal sweetie tin. Discovered we’ve been given tea, coffee and biscuits too. Apparently the switchboard guys are getting lunches.
I also managed to get a work mobile phone but then forgot it at work.
End each day with a banging headache.

2 Likes

I spent another day working in a foodbank - it was knackering, but most people are really grateful when you get stuff to them.

Karma had better be a real thing… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

And ear worm

Day off. Not much different from a day on, really.

3 Likes

At home today. We have a pneumatic drill going outside. Not sure why they’re digging up the road and they’re not adhering to the 2 metres.
Annoyingly my partner is going to stop work about 2.30 whilst I have to continue to 5.

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

1 Like

Ooooo, please sir, please sir … I’m working with GK at the moment and responsible for installing their new dealcoholisation skid. This version of OSH is contract blended but as of November will be done in house at Bury St Edmunds. The new product is made by a process of membrane filtration and tastes really, really good. Also experimenting with low alcohol Icebreaker which is unbelievable. Small world ! SCD

1 Like

Care package has landed

7 Likes

So for whatever reason, contactless didn’t want to work when I made my pilgrimage to the Temple of Eternal Stella over the road (a.k.a One-Stop), so I had to touch something ANOTHER HUMAN BEING HAD TOUCHED.

I have been opening their door using the cuff of my sleeve (another short-arse benefit, yo), but I had to touch the keypad, and on the way back over the road, I touched my face because I got an ickle itch and am a fucking idiot.

FUCK

Or maybe I’m a fucking idiot for being so worried. I may not have the virus, but just like the rest of us, I’m having reactions regardless.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Am I alone in missing the point here…

2 Likes

Since re-starting Sotonians in 2015 I have felt utterly supported throughout :smiley: