📚 The Sotonians Lockdown & Beyond Diaries

We are officially Covid free in the middle of the South China Sea.

This means anybody coming offshore has to do a 14 day quarantine. and as nobody’s back to back has started there enforced quarantine every one offshore has to complete at least another two weeks lockdown before they can get off and go home.

1 Like

You getting overtime?

I get an extra 1/4 day off for every day I do extra but actual cash wise zero nothing zip fuck all.

Having to take “Mum” into Krakow as her hearing aid packed in. Like herding cats.
Wont wear mask or gloves, temper tantrum as wont let her take bus. Insists on going to see her BFF. Her BFF in Quarantine wont see her - temper tantrum.
Etc etc.

Kyle walker is enjoying lockdown

Manchester City to investigate Kyle Walker over sex party during lockdown

Should have stuck to Pizza Hut.

I think that considering what else he might catch, covid could actually be a result

1 Like

So I guess we’ve been locked down for a month. As I keep saying, this isn’t necessarily much different for me. I am missing the occasional trip down to the pub for a lunch. I’m missing the daily contact - I used to see at least one person most weekdays that isn’t related to me.

The kids are both doing very well. Neither has seen their respective others for weeks now, a feat which is being particularly well endured by the youngest, whose boyf only lives across town. These are relationships that have been going on for at least two years, so it’s hard for them. I’m proud of the way they’re handling things.

It’s just so fucking weird. We’re having to find shit to do at work at the moment. Feels like an extended Christmas break without the Christmas.

1 Like

A month? 2 weeks.

Perhaps he means it feels like a month?

1 Like

My theory was that time passes twice as quickly when you’re half the size of everyone else.

6 Likes

You could say the same for distance, if he was involved in a dwarf-throwing contest.

The only football on the four sports channels we have is Pompey V Reading at Krap nott Arf
Luckily Reading have just scored.

Henry Cavill must be back in town…

1 Like

The guardian have an article about 10 easy bits of DIY to do during lockdown. This is an extract from it. Is this really what our once great nation has become? A bunch of fannies who need to be told how to bang a nail into a wall? Quite astonishing.

3 Likes

wine

2 Likes

If you are a cereals man I would err towards a desert wine to balance the sugar in the cereal

For a fry up you need something with good acidity - a crisp Sancerre would be perfect

:ok_hand:

9 Likes

Military grade planning & logistics this morning for our drive into the centre of Krakow to purchase essential items for the team in lockdown.

A truly essential journey

I’m really looking for a wine to complement the early morning Sensodyne…which one would that be?

4 Likes

Cab Sav works well with mint

5 Likes