⚽ :pl: The Sotonians Fantasy Football League 2020-21

So a return to the top of the league for Matthew Smith (@mattio I’m guessing, I may be wrong) with a score of 81 points, which also happened to be the highest score this week.

@Bathsaint still rests at the bottom…

Here’s Matt’s scoring breakdown

I think those that have Walker-Peters should thank me for taking him out of my team, he has been scoring much better since I did…

1 Like

Anyone else noticed weird shit with FPL?
I changed my team in the week, double checked I saved it.
Went back to look up some data and a possible pay for with points transfer Team was fine.
Went back in the week, changed my Vice Captain.
Today?
Changes were undone. FPL was down for about 30 minutes at least.

1 Like

I went in and set my team up yesterday afternoon. Checked before bed, looked this morning and suddenly two players on the field had been marked as 75% chance to play and one on bench moved from yellow to red with unknown return date. Possibly slow information/last minute updates there, but I have also noticed changes being undone and captains switching etc. this season. Had a heck of a job getting the team set up and ready for action this season at all. Just wouldn’t save my team. This was days before opening game of season.

1 Like

I had no problem making Werner my capt. at 10.30. I also had no problem substituting Werner for Calvert-Lewin about 4 minutes later #tinkertwat

2 Likes

FFS.
Two fit midfielders - having to pick 5 defenders isn’t gonna help matters

Week 5 update, don’t forget there is a game tonight so you need to get your teams sorted before 18:30 BST

Another strong week from @mattio sees him retain his league leader position, however the 78 points he scored weren’t enough to win him this weeks round, that was a total of 80 points for Michael Bradley, well done that man…

@Bathsaint retains his place at the bottom of the league, time to make some changes maybe?

Here’s Mike’s team from last week…he even took the penalty of -4 points for making excessive transfers…

Sod it.
Dumped 4 points to make a change.
Watch Son go backwards now after a bright start to the season

Exactly why I haven’t put him in, especially with all the games that the teams participating in European competitions have coming up…

I did it based on the logic he only played a few minutes last night.
Then of the big point scorers in MF, De Bruyne is out for a while, Rodriguez out for the weekend, I decided Citeh aren’t yet firing and dumped KDB.
Also couldn’t bring myself to pick Salah or Fernandes
I know I should have picked Fernandes shouldn’t I…

65 points?
Bloody hell. Nosebleed territory.

76 for me this week. GW position #1. The comeback is on :smile:

1 Like

Crikey

Only just realised I got 74 points! If only I’d kept Nick Pope in goal instead of benching him for Martinez (on basis Saints never score a lot of goals!)

Whoa.

I picked up 21 points yesterday WITHOUT Adams or Armstrong in my team?
That’s my normal weekly average!

How does this work FFS?

This week I get

In my leagues, I get

I’m asking as I need to make 2 changes this week but if I only got 23 points, what’s the point

The leagues are always a bit slower to update. Wait til tomorrow.

1 Like

A messy FPL week - long & short term injuries and Villa Newcastle postponed.

Just about scraped a team together without burning the wild card & starting again.

I have FIVE Players for this week getting game time.
And no wildcard FFS

Free hit card? Changes your players for this round but then goes back to previous team for next week.

Used it by accident at start of season

3 Likes