The Sotonians Experience: Site Feedback

Interestingly, when editing or composing a post on Chrome mobile, the editor shows the new style quotes as they appear on the desktop but when displaying the thread quotes text appears as it used to.

2 Likes

I can see your thinking there, and I’d have to say I agree. Setting current users to get all the fucking sweary words is a fucking good idea, you little cuntbubble. I guess there must be times when we’d come across as positively Tourettic to an outsider.

I do like Bearsy’s idea of a word-substitution thing for sweary words though. And will it be possible to avoid the obvious swear-filter silliness, as in Scunthorpe or (one of my favourites from TSW ages ago) Weightwatchers? That would require a subtlety that I imagine swear filters generally lack, but if our putative one is to be bespoke then who knows? The sky’s the fucking limit.

1 Like

shitcunt

On a fucking serious note you cuntards.

@pap can the posted link in quotes open in the same tab please, not a new tab!!

I know, I know, I’m a fussy bugger…

People wanted it the other way.

That ought to be sorted now.

You’re not just a stand for awful shirts, are you?

No that was for links in posts, if you’re following the original conversation it’s better to open in the same tab…

Agreed, actually.

Implemented as of now.

I’ve also changed the style for the text in quoted quotes. Now only the person being directly quoted gets the styled badge. I saw some of @saint-or-sinner and @barry-sanchez 's threads earlier and thought it might be a good move :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks good now. You are officially not shit pap.

2 Likes

That’s very kind of you to say so. I had always suspected this was the case.

Unlikely. But thanks for trying.

Arsewipe!

2 Likes

See! It works!

2 Likes

Just brilliant :lou_lol:

I stand vindicated!

1 Like

My EYES…My EYES… being an old 47 year old cunt (getting sweary words in whilst i still can before Marypapwhitepaphouse sells his soul for a few more members) I am getting offended by so many boxes… I struggle to focus, especially after 3 beers (no brewery mentioned as who the fuck cares what I am drinking and I certainly aint getting paid to advertise no hipster piss caninecockjuice so they can fuck off unless they hand over a fuck load readies)… this is not a critique of designthis time, just not good for my eyes…

2 Likes

The boxes are a bit grey @pap - makes it a tad hard to read, but better than t’old way…

Language, @areloa-grandee !

Don’t like to speak for most, but most comments I’ve seen have been supportive of the new look. It evolved over the day with tweaks made for mobile devices and interminable quote within quote arguments.

You have my complete support on the advertising of “hipster piss”, as you so eloquently term it. The microbrewery-obsessed demographic is another one that needs to be diluted,

We need to get more in that enjoy mass produced sub standard beer gushing through dirty pipes in dodgy boozers. It’s the English way!

I don’t like not being able to quote a post and chop out the bits I don’t want.

Oh pap. No, just no.

1 Like

Yes you can as cut above

Mobile.

Just visually REALLY hard to follow when trying to look at a tv in a pub

1 Like