The Sotonians Experience: Site Feedback

Now my eyes have adjusted it actually works quite well pap.

Carry on.

1 Like

Think you could go a shade darker with the quoted box.

Like the twitter link thing!

1 Like

Don’t start me.

Kinda in love with this approach at the moment.

I meant the whole grey section.

Typical fucking developer.

Breaks @optimus-trousers 's colour scheme for some pointless vanity project*.

Regression.

Cough.

Testing.

Cough.

*Bletch in a stunning demonstration of a lack of self-awareness.

2 Likes

I’ve got a fix ready to go. We’re going to **trial ** the darker originallly quoted by.

Yeah, if you can put a CSS class in the different types of blockquote that’d help.

Or I can put a different class name in OT’s blockquotes.

Aye, but the darker you get, you more you start thinking about white text. I’d quite like something like that, but it may contrast badly.

A darker outline to the whole quoted section, then a shade darker for the whole quoted section. Perfect.

Or a thicker line for the border 2px instead of 1px.

I reckon it looks pretty smart right now.

2 Likes

Tis pretty much spot on like this, though it won’t pass muster until @coxford_lou and @areloa-grandee endorse it.

2 Likes

What

A

Fucking

Mess

You viewing on desktop or mobile, Phil?

New quotes aren’t working in chrome on my mobile but is fine in chrome on my tablet and desktop

All working beautifully in Firefox on my laptop; looks really good now. Nice work Your papship,

2 Likes

Optimus should be fixed now, @saintbletch

OT’s Bootstrap btn and label classes are now working well with anchors inside blockquotes.

Site wide unvisited links all now appear to be red though.

Thanks. For now, this wraps up this phase of the notifications work. We’ve got votes, mentions and replies all being tracked for the benefit of those, like me, that aren’t on here 24/7 anymore. There is some planned further work, but that’s mostly reporting on the new data we’re gathering and presenting in it a fun way. I’ve talked about the " also known as" thing before, which our rather perverse implementation of tagging enables. Now that we’ve got the trifecta, I’m also going to do a digest report that’ll get sent to people who’ve joined, perhaps giving them an incentive to return.

The swear filter idea is brewing about in my head. I’m going to go with an option which may shock some people, but I think will be better for all in the long run.

Members will have to opt in to profanity. I’ll set all current users to see it when logged in, but lurkers will see a less profane version of the site. I’m doing this for three reasons. The first is that the language may put people off an otherwise fantastic site. The second is that it keeps any of us from getting into serious work related shit. A simple trawl will offer little gold for crude checkers. Third, it’s a kind of marketing in itself. People who want to know what’s really being said will have to signup.

1 Like