The Sotonians Experience: Site Feedback

Oh “For some reason…”

The @ sign allows you to use the mention system to tag a poster to a post. Press it. What’s the worst that could happen?

If you’re on a mobile device there might be some inconsistencies with the interface.

The blue bird is the Twitter logo

The button allows you to paste tweets directly from twitter into Sotonians.

1. Go to twitter and find the tweet you’re interested in

2. Click the More menu on the tweet and select Copy Link to Tweet.

3. Copy the link to the clipboard

4. In Sotonians, click the blue bird

5. Paste the tweet link from the clipboard into the Tweet URL box

6. Hit the Get Tweet Code button

7. Click OK

3 Likes

Its all changed since windows 95

1 Like

OK, there are quite a few topics going on where an up vote doesn’t cut the mustard.

I suggested maybe we need a “Solidarity” button for when we agree with a view but “liking” it seems a bit crass

Intiniki seems to be in agreement - and I quote from another thread - “… A solidarity button would be good. Often I don’t upvote something as it may seem a little insensitive when you just want to say ‘yeah, I get it’…”

Pap. Make it so.

Please.

1 Like

I’d like a button that I can press to say that “it’s not that I like what you’re saying and it’s not that i dislike what you’re saying but i would like to learn more about the subject matter”

3 Likes

Or how about a vote multiplier (up or down) - say 10x for those posts that deserve them.

Maybe everyone gets say 2or 3 a month to use as they see fit?

While we’re playing fantasy button requests I’d like an "I’m naked"button.

Then again, given our posters I think the writing on the top of it would get warn off.

For the record, personally I think the upvote serves as a context specific positive.

If it would be crass to upvote the post or subject then I read an upvote as non crass support for the poster, post or concept being expressed.

1 Like

I am with Bletch on this one… but dont think we need an ‘I am naked’ button as I thought that was a given… I am always naked when posting on Srotesweb.com/nofiverneededhereforum - I thought we all were and its why I (as previously mentioned) am always in a state of semi arousal. Only problems this causes is when posting form the BA lounge or from the the frozen food aisle in Tescos

Re Likes and Buttons, I suggest levels of arousal cartoon icons to go with the bellend emojis surely: scaled as follows:

shirvelled wallnut - -2 points, Limp and flacid, -1 point, semi 1 point, full on pink torpedo +2 points

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I thought that it was the done thing with the nude?

Too much choice will only lead to ambiguity!

Mark my words!

I love to hover over the “Latest Members” icons. I would say 98% of them are spammers…is that Admin’s take on them? :lou_lol:

Of the current sample I would say 100% of them.

Unless there is a picture its Rallyboy upping his quota for the new soviet

1 Like

Look at my gang of followers below!

Once I get them trained in upvoting, @pap will have a fucking seizure.

Shut up, RB.

You’re a fantastic poster that deserves every vote you get*.

*Apart from the circlejerk Brexit stuff, which is hardly a you-only issue.

As the @steveintheforest and the @philippinesaint have pointed it out @areloa-grandee 's mention tag has not been refreshed to take account of his new forum name.

As an esteemed and founding member of the Soviet I call upon the @pap to get his finger out and sort it out! Otherwise it will be off to Rura Penthe for him.

7 Likes

Whinging I can accept Bastard not so much as both my parents were married. :lou_lol:

To other people of course

1 Like

Disclaimer - This is not driven by spite but instead in the hope a question might get answered. Although no one has officially been informed of any role or powers the soviet have, I am sure people did not vote for me or any of the others to just be a Pap yes man. Therefore I am going to ask some questions he may not like or thinks come out of spite. So, we have had nothing from the landlord about what is intention was with the soviet. I am sure the plan is for us to do nothing and then for the whole thing to be forgotten about or worse to be told we are doing nothing so have been sacked/reflections etc.

Bob said it was kind of a suggestions role. We make suggestions and then pap chooses to act on the suggestion or ignore as per champaign steam rooms. This seems a bit shit as all users should be able to suggest ideas for improvements, not just 4 that have been around for years.

With Bob’s job spec in mind, I was thinking of starting a suggestions thread but then saw this one and remembered there is already a perfectly good thread for people (soviets or not) to make suggestions and give feedback. So… to avoid future whoever saying the soviets have done fuck all, what would you/Pap like us to do?

We have an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Welshman and a bear sitting in a virtual bar. What’s the punchline?

4 Likes

Personally @areloa-grandee can keep the link, he was a twat

1 Like

woah hold on tokyos if ur not careful ur gonna talk us into actually having to Do Stuff! Are you ok with Doing Stuff?

5 Likes

The barman says, “What can I get you?”

And the Soctsman says, “Independence!”, the Welshman says, “I’ll have what he’s having”, the Englishman says, “Fuck you, you anti-Vichy-Britain cunts, toe the line”, and the bear says… “I have no real view on the political situation but I do love me a nice booby”.

The barman then says, “why the big pause”.

I thank you.

13 Likes

‘That’ll be £5 please.’’

5 Likes

This could be the non-serious stuff Pap has been talking about. I get tared with the same brush when you do that bear. Scots can be hairy and aggressive but we are not bears. That is racial profiling!

2 Likes