šŸ¦‡ The sci-fi, fantasy and capeshit thread

Was just going to suggect DoctorStrangeā€¦ not usually into all the capeshit bollox (batman is especially shite in all his multiple incarnations), but Strange looks interesting

That looked really cool.

Then he puts on Capeshitā€¦

On the plus side, Benedict is an actor so that helps, plus I loved his sense of humour where he walked into some local 7/11 store in the US while still in costume

Civil War is attracting some fantastic reviews.

Labelled the best Marvel movie yet.

Strangelove looks garbage.

Went and saw Deadpool tā€™other night, really enjoyed it. Did make me laugh how every trailer beforehand was for a capeshit film. I mean, I get it, but thought it was a touch OTT.

Didnā€™t much like the look of Civil War, tbh.

Suicide Squad looks a hot mess n all. Probably not that surprising, given WB have gone back to reshoot parts after how piss poor Bman v Sman was (apparently, I donā€™t care enough to watch it).

Originally posted by @KRG

Strangelove looks garbage.

Strangelove is fantastic.

The jury is out on Doctor Strange.

Went and saw Deadpool tā€™other night, really enjoyed it. Did make me laugh how every trailer beforehand was for a capeshit film. I mean, I get it, but thought it was a touch OTT.

Didnā€™t much like the look of Civil War, tbh.

Civil War will be ace if itā€™s half as good as the comic book. Expect tears.

Suicide Squad looks a hot mess n all. Probably not that surprising, given WB have gone back to reshoot parts after how piss poor Bman v Sman was (apparently, I donā€™t care enough to watch it).

I am really not enthused by Suicide Squad at all after BvS. Hopefully, theyā€™ll get something decent out of the bag.

Iā€™m loving Suicide Squad. :cool:

Originally posted by @Flahute

Iā€™m loving Suicide Squad. :cool:

Do we take this to mean ā€œI am presently thinking impure thoughts about Margot Robbieā€?

We were all there on Wall Street, dude.

1 Like

I can neither confirm nor deny having my cock in my hand when watching her.

2 Likes

I was trying to keep it classy and ambiguous, but you had to reach for it :lou_sunglasses:

I havenā€™t a classy bone in my body.

I know that much of the forum is bored of capeshit, but have to say, Iā€™m farily excited for what happens next in the Marvel universe. Iā€™ve spoken before about different properties being in different corporate hands. Sony and Marvel have done a deal thatā€™ll see Spider-Man swing into the next Iron Man movie, before landing in the mainstream MCU in his own movie next year, entitled Spider-man : Homecoming. Nice touch.

Theyā€™ve cast British and theyā€™ve cast young. They want to do three movies with him still at high school. Tom Holland, the new Spidey, will be 19 when he starts filming. He has spent the last few years playing Billy Elliot and posts YouTube vids of flips, etc.

Hopefully the appearance in Civil War will mean we donā€™t get an origin story.

Iā€™ve now seen eighteen episodes of season two of Gotham. Itā€™s still a massive guilty pleasure, but a much improved one this year. Bruce Wayne has had things to do, weā€™ve seen many new villains introduced, as well as seeing older ones do more villainous things (watched an episode featuring a deliciously evil act by the Penguin, chortled and gasped at the same time).

Iā€™ve quite liked seeing Sean Pertwee in other stuff. Does a decent turn as Alfred here, a more council estate version of the iconic butler with a military past. Very silly, not in the least bit realistic, but about a million times more fun than the recent BvS movie, and not shy about breaking out the claret.

Meanwhile.

Star Wars The Force Awakens is now On Demand out here and my package means I get a couple of free downloads a month.

So sat and watched it on TV for the first time (3rd time Iā€™ve seen it)

And have to say, after 2 IMax Laser trips it is still wonderful. In fact Iā€™d go so far as to say for the first time I really saw all the film, not the bits my eyes were drawn to on the massive screen.

It certainly has been cropped for TV - the battle scene at Mos? for sure lost some of itā€™s scale, but it really does stand the test as a darned good film.

Civil War may just be my first Marvel Universe trip to the Cinemaā€¦

2 Likes

Oh fuck it, I wasnā€™t going to be pumped but now I am

1 Like

i couldnā€™t be less pumped RIP

Originally posted by @Bearsy

i couldnā€™t be less pumped RIP

Has your ā€œmember extenderā€ broken then Bearsy?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching a few of the Marvel films lately. I got some new speakers for my birthday, so itā€™s surround-sound tastic. DCā€™s recent stabs at movies have really put the Marvel stuff in context. While it might not be 100% faithful to the source material, theyā€™re having an earnest go and mostly producing good movies.

Caught the second Captain America film again. Didnā€™t remember much of it from the first viewing. I was possibly wasted. Itā€™s a very decent film though, making excellent use of the wider universe that has been slowly under construction. Really looking forward to the third movie, reportedly the MCUā€™s best outing yet. The films have become so integrated that itā€™s easy to overlook the fact that the Captain America trilogy might be the finest capeshit trilogy ever.

Also watched Thor: The Dark World, despite it only getting 2.5 stars on ye olde Netflix ratings. I thought it a lot more solid than that. I loved the fact that the vast majority of the movie took place outside Earth, and getting to see a bit more of the MCU painted.

I know we capeshit fans get mocked for our love of it, but where Marvel is going right is that theyā€™re trying to treat these people as characters, whereas I get the sense that the recent DC stuff (not including Nolanā€™s Batman) sees them more as properties. Weā€™ll flock to the screens as long as they get them up there. The disappointing thing is that it is working. BvS made its money back and it was a piece of shit. So credit where itā€™s due, Marvel. You have made some alright films and some excellent films.

Lucifer. New HBO Series.

20 minutes in & LOVE it. Lucifer has retired heā€™s a Brit club owner in LA partying & mega cool.

Chuck he helps gets shot so between rows with his Dad & Angels & Hell falling to rats hit he becomes a ā€œCopā€

So dry & droll

1 Like

There is going to be a Punisher Netflix series, spinning out of the characterā€™s recent run in Daredevil, season two.

Jon Bernthal owned the role like no other, and was one of the bright spots of a very decent second season. I would expect plenty of guns, claret, and violent death.

He has no real powers apart from not giving a fuck about meteing out horrible yet entertaining violence.

This is him without weapons, getting jumped in chokey.

1 Like

Mark Hammil and Warwick Davies confirmed for Star wars Celebration

Spent the weekend cutomising my kids plastic DL44

It will be nerdvana :slight_smile: