šŸ¦‡ The sci-fi, fantasy and capeshit thread

I think I watched the first couple of episodes of JJ but I couldnā€™t get into it, Iā€™ll maybes give it another go.

1 Like

Apart from heā€™s called Thanos

Damn
Canā€™t believe I scored such an open goal & you fell for it.

The baddie in Capn Marvel is actually called Talos even spelt the same way

:sunglasses:

Very much Old School, but last night channel hopping, I found myself watching the 26th and final ever episode of UFO.

Unfortunately no sight of Gabrielle Drake or Ayshea, who Gents of a certain age will remember damply. But Tony Blackburnā€™s ex- missus, Tessa Wyatt was looking mighty fine.

Also starring was Benny Cumbersomeā€™s mum, Wanda Ventham.

1 Like

Old school, itā€™s positively Victorian (ok I exaggerate) - what channel was showing it?

Forces TV. Sky 180.

Tonight replaced by Space 1999, which basically was the follow up. On at 10pm

1 Like

Yeah, I found that channel the other day. Watched a couple of Hoganā€™s Heroā€™s - a right blast from the past as a nipper!

I cannot imagine any TV Show ever managing to take a 50 year old episode, integrate into their modern era and yet fill in some of the back story from the original show.
And have non nerdy geeks like Mrs P_F who wasnā€™t even born when the original aired saying
OMG.
Gosh. If you donā€™t want small insignificant spoilers donā€™t read the whole thread

1 Like

It was good though!

1 Like

Yep. Good, clever and careful attention to detail. Lots of comparison pics on Twitter showing how Anson Mount really does lĆ²ok like Jeffrey Hunter.
My only gripes the TOS heads had more detail & their clothing was a paler blue. :roll_eyes:
But the series story is coming together now.
Loving it!

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks to Mobdro, been dropping in to their ā€œshowsā€ stream and catching random episodes of the rebooted Battlestar Galactica.

Iā€™d forgotten just how damned good that show was.

Me and Mrs C_S were just debating whether to watch that or retain our affection for the original. Weā€™ve decided to wait a bit. Unless you can tell me the reboot is better.

The reboot is epic.
It has moments that relate to the original cannon, but it was a stand out epic. A real part of the reboot of TV in general into something of almost cinematic quality. Even the spin off shows were great and backfilled the story so well. Donā€™t think Discovery would have happened without it. Great story, great sets and acting AND the original Apollo is in it

(And, tbh, I had forgotten just how smoking hot the cast was.

(OK non PC how smoking the actresses were)

2 Likes

Does Lucifer sit here?

Season 4 has just landed on Netflix rather than Prime.

Inoffensive watch, sometime funny and it adds to the total count of time spent with Mrs C_S at the weekend when not watching footie.

Everyoneā€™s a winner! Iā€™m banjoed when the season finishes though :frowning:

Good bump, series 5 (final series apparently) of Gotham lands on E4 this Sunday :bat::policeman::clown_face::heart_eyes_cat::penguin::question:

I do love Lucifer. Gentle yet clever.
Got most of Mrs P_Fā€™s pals watching it, he, and his accent is a great way for them to improve their English!

1 Like

Oi, this is a Saints forum, not a Satan one.

1 Like

Um, hang on, didnā€™t we win?

https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1131545318275846144

And that doesnā€™t look like Emilia Clarkeā€¦

Mind you it does look good - James Cameron, Arnie AND Linda Hamilton!

https://twitter.com/GoonCulture/status/1131577061049548802

I started this years ages ago but then stopped thinking Iā€™d watch with my partner (he can manage one show a night, whilst I can do 3). Should I watch it?