The Saints Takeover Thread

This is not good news…I just don’t have the time to commit to Takeover Threads anymore, they take over your life. :astonished:

8 Likes

![](https://fb-s-a-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/14915480_989533351156214_2458279353504128235_n.jpg?oh=48a7981d885223fb3ae89b354f01e125&oe=58D1C90A& gda =1486155030_b6ac8273289854d5b761bc73561218ff)

9 Likes

Is there any history of a successful Chinses takeover in football?

I dunno Barry

What’s a Chinses?

:lou_lol:

4 Likes

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

I dunno Barry

What’s a Chinses?

:lou_lol:

Isn’t it anything that was ever spoken by Jimmy Hill…?

6 Likes

The Chinses are an offshoot from the Chinese, they shoot Dragons and fly wombats, fucking crazy guys…

5 Likes

Fucking tons of successful takeovers in China itself. Club’s change owners almost every season. Depends on your definition of success though, buying Graziano Pelle from some unheard of English club when your facing relegation is not everyone’s idea of success in China.

2 Likes

Rather fittingly, I’ll quote Zhou Enlai on that. When asked in 1972 about the effects of the French revolution, he responded: “It’s too early to say”. He may, of course, have thought the question was about the events of 1968, but my response stands.

Reading this article reminds me how lucky we have been.

1 Like

Think you’ll find The Wombats were on about a Bar in Tokyo thing, not China.

Easy mistake to make

1 Like

Red Bull not trying to buy English club. Happy with portfolio of clubs in Brazil, USA, Austria & Germany. Not looking for further expansion

Interesting Tweet out of nowhere from Matt Slater.

Wonder why they said that?

1 Like

Just reading the news on the china investment. Does anyone know why a company suspends shares. is it to stop inside dealing?

Normally because they are going belly up

Reports coming in that Lander Sports have announced to Chinese Stock Exchange they have agreed a deal in principle to buy a stake in Saints Holkding Company.

How are we defining a stake?

Is that their standard language for a takeover, or are they looking to buy a perecentage?

Either way, the price went up last night!

I presume Holkding is the province where they are based? :smile:

1 Like

If it’s less than 50% stake, I have no Problem with this. If it’s majority stake, I will have Concerns.

3 Likes

I would definitely like any owner to remember that it is a FOOTBALL CLUB, not just a development opportunity, and to prioritise accordingly.

Any land deals need to be in the interests of the sporting side of the business, and development is not something to do instead of getting things right on the pitch.

Football first, development second.

2 Likes

A “stake” in my world means a minority holding…if it were a majority holding it would be a “takeover” or a least that’s what I’m hoping.

Perhaps Kat has been looking at expanding the stadium footprint down to the river to including all the plans that Cortese unveiled in the “Way Forward” brochure around 2011. Makes sense to seek out money from people whose business is development…keeping what is the inevitable redevelopment of the riverside “in-house”.

An announcement to Saits fans from Kat in which she doesn’t say a lot

A letter to the fans of Southampton Football Club.

I am writing to you in relation to an announcement made in China today about Southampton Football Club and Lander Holding.

Please understand that I can only make limited comments regarding this process but I can assure you that any steps we do take will be in the best interests of the club. A potential partnership would need to clear multiple approvals and fulfil strict criteria before being confirmed.

The Premier League is increasingly competitive; we need to keep moving forward and look to new markets for commercial growth, innovation and to share our journey. Together we have had many years of progression and success, and ensuring this continues is the main focus of any possible partnership.

I cannot thank you enough for the continued support you give Southampton Football Club, and it makes me so proud to think we will soon be experiencing a major final together at Wembley. I hope you enjoy what will be a brilliant day for our club and look forward to a successful future together.

We March On

Katharina Liebherr

5 Likes

Good letter from Kat.

1 Like