:saints: The Saints Summer Prediction Thread

Just think of it as taking one for the team. And have a shower to wash the dirty, filthy shame away!

4 Likes

This is a prediction thread not a time travel and review of what actually happened thread

3 Likes

Sounds plausible. Presumably Boufal got sent home for being late.

Can’t really blame Hughes for adopting a zero tolerance policy, especially, as by the sound of it, ill discipline was a major factor in players losing respect for Pellegrino.

You could also make a case for the club getting rid of all 4 strikers, so two is definitely likely.

If the club aren’t looking at defenders then I am already worried for next season. Surely somebody is aware that we conceded more goals from crosses than any other team last season. I am going to pretend that this is the case and that the black box is overheating with the amount of powerful and dominant centre backs getting pulled through it and analysed.

Les’ new mantra “We’re going to score 1 more goal than you…”

So Shane Long and Carrillo are the two stikers we are getting rid of then…

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

ooh.

It’s amazing what you can find on ebay.

Southampton-Under-Armour-2018-19-Third-Replica-Jersey-Red

Like our 2018/19 3rd kit for example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Southampton-Under-Armour-2018-19-Third-Replica-Jersey-Red/302747095122?hash=item467d221052:g:hQsAAOSwzbVbBLlv

Which looks “interesting”

but I did like that white shirt…

Cortese has returned!!

3 Likes

Some jigsaw pieces.

Sparky’s assistants have signed. He hasn’t (well, he could actually simply be on holiday)

He was said to want 50m transfer budget he was told to sell to buy (Well, we know that, nothing has changed there)

He was told there is no money left from the VVD sale (Interesting but equally the rumours in the summer were that we did a deal for Promes but couldn’t do the full payment so maybe we already spent 30m on him and 20 on Garrlllo - don’t forget Celtic got a lump of the 70 odd mil and a lot of that figure were add-ons)

Don’t know if you’re being serious or not…

The Bompey Away / EFL Cup Final white shirt tripsy not that striped thing we had as a 2nd kit a while back

Sorry @dubai_phil not being totally clear myself, I can’t tell if you’re being serious about that being our 3rd strip for next season…

Ebay say it is our 3rd Kit next season.

That is all the data I have. However fiverweb is reporting that picture is now on another us site that is said to have links to Under Armour.

I have no idea we have a UA source but he hasn’t commented on our FB page so no other data to go on.

My only speculation/opinion is interpreting the we only have xxxx for Hughes to spend as meaning we already spent it on Promes.

Ah, if that’s the case then I call BS.

The whole point of the 3rd kit is to be there when there are colour clashes with the 1st and 2nd kit that can’t be resolved.

So (unless we’re going to have a non-red first kit, white sash again maybe??) having a red 3rd strip would be totally pointless.

I predict that 90% of fiverweb who have almost entirely the same opinions on everything will not bother to vote (and probably didn’t even bother to try and put up a candidate for the “Fan on the Board” type thing.)

Anyway I voted, and nice to see that the Ugly actually took this seriously as well.

Have YOU bothered to Vote?

https://southamptonfc.com/supporter-services/saints-voice-vote

Not on the list then Phil?

Not that one anyway.

No way - that’s for true fans.

To be honest, GWC who runs his blog and lives here would have been a great candidate for overseas fans but also with a more eloquent finger on the pulse than me, failing that Aussie Ssaint - Trevor - who runs #Global Saints would have been the right person.

I spread the votes - in a perfectly PC manner of course :wink:

I predict this will hit the number one bestseller charts this summer.

In Japan obviously, but perhaps a good book for the beach when it comes out in 3 weeks?

You know the question is going to come up.

Lots of sources saying Man Ure interested in Bertrand

Here’s one shitty version

Which means we will no doubt be offered Luke Shaw in part exchange.

So, assuming some deal is worked out on wages…

Yes

or

No

As long as when he signs his contract he signs a weightwatchers one as well.

3 Likes