šŸ„ƒ The Rum Thread

I cant say what it tasted like. But definitely a strong aroma of room freshener. Just maybe a cheaper version than Glade.

Back on the Tanduay a palatable sugar plantation Rhum from the Philippines.

1 Like

Mentioned this thread to the folks. Have been palmed off with a half bottle of Lambs Navy Rum :lou_facepalm_2:and also a bottle of Santa Teresa Gran Reserva Ron Anejo - whatever the hell that is. Has anyone heard of it? Must have been sitting in their drink cabinet for about 20 years. Smacks of a duty free purchaseā€¦

That Santa Teresa is not bad. Venezuelan which is normally a good sign :lou_wink_2:

This is the better one though:

Nice one @goatboy . Will try it over the Xmas period, if my liver holds outā€¦

Does anyone have any uses for the Lambs Navy? Does it unblock drains or clean teaspoons?

Give it to someone you donā€™t really like :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

OO I say. I seem to have worked my way around a lot of my rums this evening. My Royal Marine nephew has helped me out and we have ā€œdiscoveredā€ that the corn n oil is the besr cocktail in the world and that the Dictador 12 yr old is vastly under rated rum.

1 Like

Ordered this the other day(as i am doubting father Christmas keeping his end of the bargain).

Anyone tried it?

1 Like

The last night.

today we travel to Jamaica. Appletonā€™s has served me up their Joy Anniversary 25 yr blend.

it is like an angel just pissed on my tonsils.

the really sad thing is that at Ā£234 per bottle, I am unlikey to taste it again.

christ itā€™s good

3 Likes

blimey.

I have Rum news.

Thereā€™ a Rum Connoisseur bar in Sihanoukvilke Iā€™ll post it via Twitter later

And I have acquired a bottle of Gregā€™s Cambodian White Rum report will follow $6.50 a bottle

2 Likes

Do you want us to send flowers or is that for family only?

Here you go

Had to tweet the pics canā€™ copy them on here using done.

Greyā€™s rum - has a kick but is rather like drinking a bowl of sugar that someone poured Bacardi into - functional but only with juice. Teeth would fall out if mixed with Cola.

Didnā€™t have time to try the bar but just shocked to find here let alone in the shithole that is Sihanouk town these days.

( weā€™re just doing beach bungalow stuff luckily)

I did add a rum to my coffee this morning to remove a lot of Boxing Day hangover.

I was in Sihanoukville twelve years ago and it was a shithole then. Went with a bunch of Scandinavians, planned on staying a week, lasted two days. Sad to hear nothing has changed, really would have thought they would have cleaned it up by now. We did discover a place that sold magic mushroom pizzas though, a big lad from Finland in our group had three slices and has never been the same since!

2 Likes

The town is a hole Nottarf but the collection of beach guys and bungalow complexes in Otres village & Otres 2 are heaven.

Not seen that type of pizza but there were lots of Happy Pizza places in Siem apparently.

All we can smell on the beach are herbs

Who needs rum?

Rum and herbs Phil?

Mixing spices in it worked, so try it.

1 Like

The town is a hole Nottarf but the collection of beach guys and bungalow complexes in Otres village & Otres 2 are heaven.

Not seen that type of pizza but there were lots of Happy Pizza places in Siem apparently.

All we can smell on the beach are herbs

Who needs rum?

Something for you rumboys to read

2 Likes

Ahemā€¦ .rumwoman here, maybe even some more around. Or maybe not.

3 Likes

Sorry @intiniki

My post wasnā€™t meant to exclude women, it was a homophobic post where ā€œrumboysā€ sounded like ā€œbumboysā€.

1 Like