🥃 The Rum Thread

Please tell me you’ve ordered a large Sailor Jerry.

He’s meeting me at the B+B in an hour.

Another Habana Club 7 but being Wetherspoons, no ice and no lime.

Still it came to the right table.

1 Like

way way way better than Bicardi and Navy Rums. I have fond memories of drinking really strong white rum out of little cartons (like juice ones) on the Malecon in Havana with friends. Even that was better than Bicardi.

1 Like

4 Likes

One of these for a Sunday afternoon sat by the pool

1 Like

Couple of new additions to the rum shelf this evening. Will probably report later though I’ve already had 3 margaritas so who knows what the fuck may happen.

3 Likes

This thread should be retitled The Rum Diaries, in honour of the late great Hunter S. Thompson, imho. :thinking:

1 Like

The Three Tides is really smoky. Reminds me of Laphroaig single malt. Very unusual and I’m not sure if I like it neat. Maybe I’ll try it with Ginger beer and lime. Should work well.
The Merser and Co is fucking delicious. Very smooth with a hit of pineapple. Yummy.

Got bored bought rum

Three Tides

And

And

2 Likes

Nice. Had that Goslings on my Masters of Malt wish list for a while.

Just thought I would do some quality control

The diablesse is a winter warmer - orange / spice - this going to be a Christmas Eve tipple

On the down side the Ayatollah has just declared that she could become quite partial to it, so there’s fuck all chance it going to see December

1 Like

Someone bought me this a while back - bananas, bananas and a hint of bananas. Oh and a bit more bananas

Saying it’s moreish is doing it a disservice

1 Like

Have you found the perfect mixer for the three tides cos it ain’t no sipper

I like it with ginger beer and lime. I reckon it would go well with a cigar too if sir partakes (I don’t).

I shall be offering it to guests at every opportunity

Lol. I do that with the Dark Matter rum which started off as “ooh, that’s got a bit of bite” and quickly became “fuck me my mouth is on fucking fire”.

How is the Goslings?

Now that is not getting shared

Very smooth, a lot darker that I would normally go for - think molasses

Yum. I like the Molasses heavy rums. Have you tried Dictador? Their 12 year old rum is good. They also do a 20 and a few other versions. All worth a go. @Saint-or-sinner is a fan too.

The ginger beer helps (a bit)

I think I may be trying to persuade (con) someone into taking this off my hands