❓ 👑 The Re-Markle-ble Interview

I’m genuinely surprised that in this day and age people still allow themselves to get so worked up about the goings on of a dysfunctional wealthy privileged “family”

2 Likes

Yes but that is actually a blinkered view.
Having been “on the outside” I have seen how the “Royal Visit” helped British Industry over the years. (Yes but it was Randy Andy everyone cries - but this was before Maxwell & Epstein and involved others AND simply the actual “brand”. Jeez I even borrowed it and did "Royal Visits with partners to UN offices and others.

Equally this whole annus fucking insanely horribulus has shown the other side as you note of both that Family & the “chattering masses” in the UK

It’s not Phil, it really isn’t.

1 Like

No I was partially agreeing.

I hadn’t heard about Morgan’s outburst until just now, and you’re right, vile is the word. Personally I have no time for any of the medieval, Hans Christian Anderson nonsense that is the Royal Family, it belongs in the distant past, not in the 21st century in a supposed democracy. But I do understand why these two, especially her, decided that it wasn’t worth the candle, and decided to leave this dysfunctional family to it. I don’t blame them one bit. My problem is with them keeping their titles of Duke and Duchess, it does smack of cake and eat it. Likewise in the interview she clearly had a problem with Archie not being given a title. Again, cake and eat it. They want to make their own way in life, distance themselves from the Royal Family, but still want to keep the Hans Christian Anderson nonsense, which of course in the US will ensure they will never be short of dollars. People would have far more respect for them if they went the whole way, renounced their titles and reverted to plain Mr and Mrs. Practice what they preach.
They probably made a wise move relocating to America though, Californian sunshine, with the added bonus of there being absolutely zero chance of Uncle Andrew flying in for sleepovers.

3 Likes

OK, Diana discussion on the “Was Diana Silenced” thread (name subject to change when the MI5/6 visit me), Woke Megan discussion here…

1 Like

One thing that irks me the most is them referencing each other as My Husband and My Wife, why can’t they call each other buy their names?

Agree with that.
Equally, there is a precedent and the Royal Family would be hypocritical at the very least for insisting on the titles to be given up “in a scandal”.
Considering RF is all about protocol that was impossible.

(Duke of Windsor who was also buried in Windsor Castle and he did marry Wallis Simpson who became Duchess of Windsor)

@BTripz FINALLY wins a badge!

For publicly admitting he actually watched the interview!
Oh how could you, the shame. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Agreed. There is nothing to stop them publicly renouncing the Duke and Duchess titles though, they could hardly be forced to keep them against their will. Which, if they are sincere in stating that they just want privacy and desire to be treated as private citizens is the only logical course to follow. I won’t be holding my breath though!

Nope, just the occasional snippets on terrestrial TV

I misheard. It was before they were married so before she was pregnant.

Really amazes me that so many people give a shit about Harry & Meghan - he’s like 6th in line now let him do what he wants.

I was at secondary school with Eugenie (Andrew’s younger daughter) when she was 6th in line to the throne and she was never bothered by the press or discussed as part of the wider cultural zeitgeist - just led a pretty normal life…

Nobody cares what Princess Anne’s kids do that are a similar age and exactly as relevant to the monarchy (i.e. I’m about as likely to be King as either Harry or Peter Phillips or Freddie Windsor)

Is it all just because she’s black and your average Daily Mail reader just can’t stand the thought of her existence?

3 Likes

I did not know that Meghan was of mixed heritage/a person of colour, neither had I watched Suits, I did not know her from Adam, nor do I regularly read the Red Tops.

Yet there is something about her that I find, IDK, not right! Maybe it’s osmosis from what little gossip I see but the whole saga does not feel right, on both sides…

1 Like

I find it utterly shocking that an institution founded on the idea that they are born to rule, are genetically entitled, naturally superior, should be exposed as being a racist cabal.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Probably the first real thing I can agree with Craig Murray on…

Did she not have a security detail? Mrs C_S used to work at Goldsmiths and it was either this one or the sister who had a security person around all the time she was on campus - mainly drinking tea I believe. Certainly not normal though.

True, and I was only partially disagreeing :wink:

1 Like