The Other Place

Do the Board, the managers, the players make mistakes? Of course they do. I dont think anyone has a problem with that and the fact that people will comment on what they perceive to be mistakes. That doesnt bother me. What bothers me is when people write off the transfer window as useless before the final day has come. It is those who write off the manager or a player after a couple of games. Is it those who slag off Les Read or Kat when they dont have a clue what is going on behind the scenes. This has nothing to do with being superior Chutters. It is more to do with being a reasonably balanced human being who doesnt need to use something else to help express lifes frustrations.

3 Likes

There is also a difference though Soggy, between ā€˜writing off a transfer windowā€™ and being concerned that activity is slow or that there seems to be a difference in quality between the out and inā€¦ or between questioning whether the overall stragtegy is optimal or going to lead to more challenging seasons to comeā€¦ There is too often (IMHO) a lumping of these all into the same ā€˜negative cuntā€™ catagorization and that is what I am questioning and I dont think its right.

As to the ā€˜reasonably -balancedā€™ - yep would be great, but you also have to acknowledge that these web based football forum are the place where such ridiculours and obsessive frustrations can be released without consequence?

1 Like

Hey Chutters, can I call you Chutters? Every one else seems to!!

Itā€™s not the opposite view that is disheartening, that I can live with and the fact that people donā€™t share the same opinion is wonderful.

Itā€™s the posters that donā€™t have a view and just seem to be there to insult people that are the issue. CB Fry, for example, very rarely posts anything football related, his sole purpose in life appears to be to take the piss out of people.

If we could have the opposite opinion without resorting to the personal attacks then that would be brilliant.

Now fuck off back down your hole and donā€™t come out until you actually know what youā€™re talking about and have learnt to speel, you little thief!!

The name ā€œferretā€ is derived from the Latin furittus, meaning ā€œlittle thiefā€, a likely reference to the common ferret penchant for secreting away small items.

4 Likes

Actually this is an evolutionary issue. Over the years, the human brain has (in the main) developed the ability to intercept stupid thoughts before they leave the mouth. However with the advent of the 'net, these thoughts have found a ā€œbackdoorā€ and are exiting the body through the fingers whilst the brain is looking in the other direction. Give it a couple of million years and everything should settle down again.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

CB Fry, for example, very rarely posts anything football related, his sole purpose in life appears to be to take the piss out of people.

CB Fry toils in endless fields of stupidity and horseshit. Heā€™s a kind of Hero.

8 Likes

Unfortunately he rarely plants anything lovely. Just turns over the sod.

10 Likes

I think it may be the unimaginative predictability of the negativity that has become tireseome.

If someone said, 'I hope Claude knows what heā€™s doing because Iā€™m not convinced - and his team talks had better be an improvement on his press conferences as heā€™s the dullest public speaker in Europeā€™, that would, in my book, be fair comment and enough to spark sensible debate.

But what we donā€™t need is 'we are nailed on for relegation, the Liebherrs are bleeding this club dry, the board is clueless, we need to show more ambition and appoint someone like Glenn Hoddle, he can take us to the Championsā€™ Leagueā€™ā€¦

And we certainly donā€™t need to hear that drivel every fucking summer!

14 Likes

This is a quote from Heisenberg/Glasgow regarding Puel:

Iā€™m probably more patient than most and would never sack a manager after 3 games, however after watching us again yesterday and then seeing VVDs interview I strongly sensed something wasnā€™t right.

I stuck Ā£30 on Puel to be the first premiership manager sacked this season at 14/1. He was 8th favourite in the list last nightā€¦

Just looked again and some bookies now have him as 5th favourite and his odds have dropped to 10/1. Not a massive movement but combined with the speculation about Tadic

There are some fucking stupid people on Saintsweb as there are in real life, but Heisenberg doesnā€™t strike me as one of them. He seems extremely self aware. His Avatar is a jar of marmite for instance. Heā€™s clearly a kind of troll and a competent one at that who knows exactly what buttons to press. Heā€™s also clearly not a 13 year old child. He rarely gets flustered or abusive. So what does he get out of his actions? He is extremely controlled, his behaviour is almost algorithmic. His behaviour is so consistent you can spot one of his aliases within a couple of posts. It all leads me to conclude that he is in cahoots with the people running the site, if not the site owner himself. Why else would someone behave like that? I also donā€™t think heā€™s the only one.

7 Likes

Some very valid points there, Gay.

I should say that the views that follow are my own and donā€™t form any moderation policy for Sotonians.

I really donā€™t have a problem with anyone expressing the most negative of views - unless I feel they cross some sort of moral line in the sand.

What I do find wearing is when people believe that if they keep just arguing with or insulting someone for just one more post, then the other poster will miraculously ā€˜get itā€™ and say ā€œOh, gotcha. Yep, I agreeā€.

That rarely happens and being a bystander in a thread where that is happening is really boring.

I value the ā€œagree to disagreeā€ position. It saves face and web-friendships. But I also like to think that Iā€™m secure enough* in my thoughts and sexuality that I am often happy to let the other bloke win or think heā€™s won.

I can often see the point of intransigence approaching in other peopleā€™s debates quicker than I can in my own debates. Thatā€™s why a) I really didnā€™t enjoy some of the discussion on The Other Place, and b) lots of people think Iā€™m a cunt.

Bletchā€™s top, if a little patronising, tips for healthy debateā€¦

1 - Feel free to share a controversial or negative view, but ask yourself if you are happy for people that you know and donā€™t know to forever associate you with that post

2 - Articulate it well and clearly, and, once communicated, ensure that others have understood the complexities and subtleties of your point.

3 - Donā€™t expect others to agree and potentially be prepared to change your own position

4 - Expect to get into a debate with someone looking to wind you up, or someone simply having a laugh with you - these can seem similar, but differ in the motivation

5 - Expect someone to call you a happy-clappy

6 - Expect someone to call you a bed-wetter

7 - Now review and see if others have agreed, or are likely to agree with your point.

8 - Clarify anything that still isnā€™t understood - bearing in mind 1-7 above.

9 - State that you agree to disagree with those that donā€™t hold the same view

10 - Smile and move on - do not go back and try to rekindle the debate. Itā€™s likely that everyone knows your position, and will simply tire of reading your posts.

So, Chutters, shall we just agree to disagree?

BTW, did you know that The Reentry Fuc is an anagram of Frankā€™s Cousin**?

* secure enough = old enough

** probably

4 Likes

Fryā€™s game has gotten weaker. This is literally a diminishing return, and he didnā€™t even serve up the original gag.

[

](http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/178014/more-pr-plants/#31)

See thatā€™s the thingā€¦ I being so perfect in every way :lou_is_a_flirt: see the majorityof those with cuntish views being less about obsessive twats, and more likely to be trolls of limited yet effective imaginationā€¦

As to el Gringo Papā€¦ er I admire your ability to try and inject humour, in your digsā€¦ but you are wrong. :lou_is_a_flirt: My previous, on the ā€˜negativeā€™ was perfectly reasonable - and I still maintain my POVā€¦ that whilst the clubs strategy is built on sound logic, it is nonetheless challenging and high riskā€¦ and I remain unconvinced that it wont lead to problems at some pointā€¦ I dont want it to,butā€¦ I was just surprised how making such a critique seemed to be such an unwelcome opinionā€¦ but as you may have cleverly observed this particular ferret will be up that particular trouser leg and biting the gonads quicker than you can call CB Fry a cuntā€¦

Originally posted by @StickyWhiteDovePiss

Iā€™m probably more patient than most and would never sack a manager after 3 games, however after watching us again yesterday and then seeing VVDs interview I strongly sensed something wasnā€™t right.

I stuck Ā£30 on Puel to be the first premiership manager sacked this season at 14/1. He was 8th favourite in the list last nightā€¦

Just looked again and some bookies now have him as 5th favourite and his odds have dropped to 10/1. Not a massive movement but combined with the speculation about Tadic

There are some fucking stupid people on Saintsweb as there are in real life, but Heisenberg doesnā€™t strike me as one of them. He seems extremely self aware. His Avatar is a jar of marmite for instance. Heā€™s clearly a kind of troll and a competent one at that who knows exactly what buttons to press. Heā€™s also clearly not a 13 year old child. He rarely gets flustered or abusive. So what does he get out of his actions? He is extremely controlled, his behaviour is almost algorithmic. His behaviour is so consistent you can spot one of his aliases within a couple of posts. It all leads me to conclude that he is in cahoots with the people running the site, if not the site owner himself. Why else would someone behave like that? I also donā€™t think heā€™s the only one.

Iā€™ve spoke to Steve Grant about him after I got banned for trolling him back. Heā€™s not in cahoots with them, but rarely oversteps the mark. However I managed to get him to, and he got banned when it happened.

Me and Goat have history with the ladā€¦

5 Likes

Fry is just a bully, pure and simple. Loathful human being that one.

Changed his name from GlasgowSaint because that username had ā€˜negative baggageā€™ or some such garbage. :lou_facepalm_2:

Originally posted by @StickyWhiteDovePiss

I upvoted your post for recognising Heisenberg ainā€™t an idiot. Very good troll if you donā€™t know his game. More subtle than the likes of Turkish for a time, but he either dropped his game before dropping the Glasgow moniker, or people were used to his rope-a-dope act by then.

What do you mean by ā€œin cahootsā€?

He was Original Bournemouth Saint back in the day as well.

Worked for Barclays up in Glasgow I believe.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Some very valid points there, Gay.

I should say that the views that follow are my own and donā€™t form any moderation policy for Sotonians.

I really donā€™t have a problem with anyone expressing the most negative of views - unless I feel they cross some sort of moral line in the sand.

What I do find wearing is when people believe that if they keep just arguing with or insulting someone for just one more post, then the other poster will miraculously ā€˜get itā€™ and say ā€œOh, gotcha. Yep, I agreeā€ā€¦

_ Fair enough, but often this is born out of frustration at being misinterpreted, or the genertaed ā€˜heatā€™ - rather than a planned strategy _

That rarely happens and being a bystander in a thread where that is happening is really boring.

I can understand that two muscular sotonians, oiled and greased up, intimately exposed (in an intellectual sense of course) can be both boring and irritating for our more conservative observersā€¦ but it can also be quite exciting :lou_is_a_flirt:

I value the ā€œagree to disagreeā€ position. It saves face and web-friendships. But I also like to think that Iā€™m secure enough* in my thoughts and sexuality that I am often happy to let the other bloke win or think heā€™s won.

I dont disagree with your thinking, but do with your assumption - for me its never about ā€˜winningā€™ - I dont see it as a competition, and given the ā€˜environmentā€™ in a most excellentā€¦ yet lets be honest small and insignificant ( :lou_wink_2:) football web forum, not sure that ā€˜victoryā€™ would enhance any reputationā€¦ if being totally honest (as I always am) - its about being a stubborn and opiniated cunt who gets carried away with the passion of the argumentā€¦ There are a lot of smart people on here who deserve my full respect. To ā€˜go-easyā€™ would be disrespecting their own belief in their POV, and their abilty to defend itā€¦ :lou_lol:

I can often see the point of intransigence approaching in other peopleā€™s debates quicker than I can in my own debates. Thatā€™s why a) I really didnā€™t enjoy some of the discussion on The Other Place, and b) lots of people think Iā€™m a cunt.

Bletchā€™s top, if a little patronising, tips for healthy debateā€¦

1 - Feel free to share a controversial or negative view, but ask yourself if you are happy for people that you know and donā€™t know to forever associate you with that post

But that is maybe part of the problem - not sure there is any one of us who has not made an arse out of ourselves on at least one post - do we really think its right to be judged on the worst we have posted ā€¦ not that I am into judging,but if pushed would rather judge on the bestā€¦ My best may well still make me a cunt, but from my observations on here, I dont think anyone else isā€¦ one those terms

2 - Articulate it well and clearly, and, once communicated, ensure that others have understood the complexities and subtleties of your point.

Prose was never my strength, nor spllpingā€¦ so admitedly, In my defence sir, I may push a POV more than is necessary for fear of being misunderstoodā€¦ and all too frequenty by the response this fear is often realā€¦ I am afraidā€¦. :lou_surprised:

3 - Donā€™t expect others to agree and potentially be prepared to change your own position

I dont want everyone to agree otherwise there would be no point in the debateā€¦ changing position is interesting - where position is fact based it easy as simply add factsā€¦ etcā€¦ but most of what we debate on here is subjective and an interpretationor perception, and these are often very personalā€¦ or ingrained :lou_wink_2:

4 - Expect to get into a debate with someone looking to wind you up, or someone simply having a laugh with you - these can seem similar, but differ in the motivation

5 - Expect someone to call you a happy-clappy

6 - Expect someone to call you a bed-wetter

7 - Now review and see if others have agreed, or are likely to agree with your point.

8 - Clarify anything that still isnā€™t understood - bearing in mind 1-7 above.

9 - State that you agree to disagree with those that donā€™t hold the same view

10 - Smile and move on - do not go back and try to rekindle the debate. Itā€™s likely that everyone knows your position, and will simply tire of reading your posts.

So, Chutters, shall we just agree to disagree?

_ I think we share more in common than notā€¦ but I can work on you for the other bits _ :lou_wink:

BTW, did you know that The Reentry Fuc is an anagram of Frankā€™s Cousin**?

* secure enough = old enough

** probably

Indeed wise words from the Bletchmeistergeneral and at the risk of totally ignoring your sound advice and ā€˜moving onā€™ please allow my liitle repsonses above in bold :lou_is_a_flirt:

Did you now that Saintbletch is an anagram of ā€˜My perfect shag is Mother Theresaā€™?

3 Likes

Itā€™s a deliberately vague term because I donā€™t really know. But it interests me. Theories include:

1. a professional, paid to generate traffic

2. a mate of the owner or an admin who gets a share of the subs in return for driving revenue.

3. the owner himself.

Another pretty out there theory that might explain his behaviour that doesnā€™t rely on him being in cahoots:

1. a local business owner (betting shop manager?)/ Or perhaps just a punter Who has noticed he is somehow able to influence business by posting shit on the message board.

I donā€™t actually know, I just find it extremely hard to believe itā€™s just a game to him. He takes it awfully seriously as his post count testifies, and he doesnā€™t seem to be attracted to the more risky and fun parts of trollmanship.

For what itā€™s worth CB Fry and Turkish are different kinds of trolls. They appear to troll out of necessity, while Heisenberg appears to troll out of choice.

1 Like

I agree with this point of view.

1 Like