The Other Place

Originally posted by @pap

I’m relatively ambivalent about poaching more people from TSW.

Yeah, apart from mentioning that I’d like to see Lungs here, I wasn’t really advocating for a recruitment drive or anything. More curious if you guys thought there were actually any decent members still posting there who would make good Sotonians, rather than actively infiltrating hostile territory and dragging them from their beds in a 3AM SWAT-style raid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You saved me making the same joke.

Cheers, Jack.

2 Likes

All part of the service sir. At least you’d only have been joking KRG.

I was being serious. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

What the actual fuck? He is simply a rambling clown devoid of original thought who could contridict himself in the space of a single paragraph without even being aware of it.

3 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t have passed either of you onto the interview stage - I suspect you are both overqualified_._

1 Like

Aye, believe VFTT and him fell out a few times, usually over trivial shit mind…

2 Likes

I always felt that Turkish overstepped the mark somewhat with Frank’s Cousin. A bit of banter is to be encouraged but some of the personal stuff was below the belt

2 Likes

I like to tell girls I’m a Bedroom General, but I’ve never managed to get it proven in court.

Edit: sry non sequitur

4 Likes

Nah, the Turkish one just put the boring cunt in his place

This was already a golden thread, but I’ve very much enjoyed recent developments.

2 Likes

You might knock my system Bear, but it works brilliantly!!

5 Likes

If I was opening a business with limited cashflow and felt sure Turkish could transfer his forum skills, I’d employ him to run it. He does a little with a lot. Frank’s Cousin gave him loads, so he did even more with that - but he even had Verbal on the hook for months with two things. The Papa Lazarou avatar was pure forum judo. Verbs would come on every day calling out Turks for being a racist on having a black and white minstrel as an avatar. I would not blame Turks if he spent those days cackling maniacally in a rocking chair.

In the end, I got bored with it (it’s fun, but there’s only so much you can take), so I put Verbs out of his misery, explaining that it was a character from the League of Gentlemen, and gently let him know that he’d been raging for nowt. This was before we fell out over conspiracy stuff.

With the benefit of hindsight, I’d have kept schtum and pissed my pants laughing.

His rambling posts made me think of him as TSW version of Ronnie Corbett. Perhaps its an age thing? :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

This thread is now taking a distinctly surreal turn. I blame myself, as I started it.

That aside, I would actually like to see Fitzhugh and Eastleigh Soul Boy on here, as they’re decent blokes.

5 Likes

I’ve dealt with EastleighSoulBoy off forum in the past, so have his email. A message has been sent.

2 Likes

Tis a thing of beauty that you have begun. Trying to second guess the genuinely confused from the pesky mischief makers is rather fun. Would probably have old Frank’s cousin tutting with vexation, but thankfully he’s dissappeared up his own arsehole

5 Likes

Was going to give £5 to the first person to say ‘I’m Spartacus’

Originally posted by @Bearsy

I like to tell girls I’m a Bedroom General, but I’ve never managed to get it proven in court.

That position was filled sometime ago.

5 Likes

That’s what she said.

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Was going to give £5 to the first person to say ‘I’m Spartacus’

But you’re not. You are…