The Other Place

I’m Spartacus.

Kindly donate the fiver to whoever paid my burger bill at the Rockstone.

(See, offshore funds can be really useful sometimes)

1 Like

Kirk Douglas beat you to it by approx 50 yrs, Phil.

1 Like

Originally posted by @hypochondriac

I always felt that Turkish overstepped the mark somewhat with Frank’s Cousin. A bit of banter is to be encouraged but some of the personal stuff was below the belt

:lou_facepalm_2:

Loved the homage typo there Flahute!! :lou_wink:

1 Like

And Spartacus by 2110 odd years as well

Fuck, imagine the interest on a fiver he’d get

I wish. :frowning:

1 Like

I once read that the quickest way to get the correct answer to a question on the internet is to pose a question and then to post an answer to the question that is known to be incorrect. Human (nerd) nature will then take over.

I have long wondered whether a similar sort of psychological trick is used by the site owners over at the other place to generate site traffic. The likes of Glasgow/Heisenberg/Pluto/Alpine etc.

Is it possible that the other site uses (paid) agents to generate traffic or do Saints fans like them actually exist in the real world?

I did some investigation work myself which suggested that Alpine Saint posts from the same IP address as Jack Schitt but I wonder whether anyone could validate my findings.

2 Likes

As an eternal optimist I can only hope this is true because if they do actually exist…

1 Like

I’m not a violent person, but if swf was a place, I’d like to see it bombed and all its inhabitants killed.

Fatso gives it them straight

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

I’m not a violent person, but if swf was a place, I’d like to see it bombed and all its inhabitants killed.

I like to think they all live in the same block of flats, constantly moaning at each other.

An online version of Rising Damp. Steve Grant being Leonard Rossiter

6 Likes

Three matches in and already the wrist slitters are out in force. Perhaps 90% of the posters should be outed in the Great Britsh Twat thread? Irrespective of the bollocks posted on the football threads, some of the other stuff is beyong embarrassing. I cant believe I spent so much time on that place. Thank God for this place. Apart from here is there another website remotely worth visiting in relation to Saints related stuff?

1 Like

I wouldn’t get too excited about finding matching IP addresses. In one year at Sotonians, I’ve seen as many as four people use the same IP address over the course of a year. I know all of these posters personally, or in one case, am one of them - so bots can be ruled out. We’ve obviously all used the same ISP or wireless access point at some time.

I don’t think that those posters are being paid to do what they do. People genuinely are that sad. I know I am. I remember the early days of Sotonians. An Internet forum without posters is an especially empty thing. A forum that used to be busy but now isn’t is even worse. A new site with no posters is explainable. An older one provokes questions like “what the fuck went wrong here?” and “is it still contaminated?”

I would that the owners are glad to have them, especially now.

The worrying thing is that some of these people do exist in the real world.

You must have noticed that as soon as the game got tough on Saturday, it was time for the fuckwits to come out of hibernation.

One bloke was blaming Forster for the draw, and as we left the Northam another said we need to bring back Koeman…

Yeah, I’ll get onto that straight away, kidnapping a former manager and forcing him to manage us is clearly the most logical answer to the season-ending disaster of a home draw in August.

6 Likes

Meanwhile back ot Sotonians Towers, Bletch is caught looking at naughty pictures on his Comodore 64

Papsweb… we dont do wankers, just wanking

4 Likes

It’s not just Saints fans, football fans in general are the same. I film at a lot of football grounds for my job and hear the same chants etc.

For some its the only place they have licence to shout abuse at a person for 90 mins without any comeback.

1 Like

If you will insist on stting in the Northam…

and this is why forums are a perfect place to be a twat. You can do it for more than 90 minutes… oh the fun they must have,

Most football fans are idiots. I often look around me at home and away game and think that the only thing I have in common is I support Southampton FC, it is like another planet at times!

That’s more the Internet in general. As a huge Bon Scott fan, I often lament the fact that I never saw him perform. Born too young!

In most other senses I’m happy with when ma and pa got busy. Geeks are cool, the world is connected and you can say outrageous things on the 'net without getting slapped up.

1 Like