🇺🇦 💣 The new Ukraine thread

How’s your day going?
One of our Border states near Belarus just ordered a fuck ton of Iodine pills to be held at centres across the state

Better safe than sorry - Sensible local government- Planning for all eventualities rather than actual knowledge of imminent nuclear events probably :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Confirmation

Well your President Duda is doing his best to make it come true, calling yesterday for the US to place nuclear weapons in Poland and for a 50% increase in US troops in Europe. Sounds like another nutter to me.

1 Like

Many here would be ecstatic if he was just a nutter.

All a local game with elections due next year.

That will not help things

Ukrainian troops have received a new type of Himars rocket capable of devastating half a square mile of land in a single salvo, as they prepare to take on Russian defensive positions in Kherson.

The new ammunition variant for the long-range rocket system, supplied by the US, is designed to blast almost 200,000 tungsten ball bearings across a large area, causing damage to troops and soft skinned vehicles.

That’s going hurt - it’s a flying claymore

I hear ammunition is a real problem for the Ukrainian forces. I would expect that system to require a lot of imported personnel too.

I’m guessing that the “translation” is about as accurate as the Downfall parodies.

Kind of saw this coming. Great bit of motivation giving Putin a bloody nose on his Birthday, but now we worry about how far the maniac will go in his “fury” as some msm are calling it.

Worrying days, I filled the car with LPG & Fuel today, just in case

Lukashenko announced troop deployments with Russian Troops to Border regions today

Here’s a thought - did Russia blow up their own bridge to give them a reason to escalate indiscriminate bombing/missile attacks? I wonder if the Ukrainians might have made a better job of it, and rendered the road and rail bridge unusable.

1 Like

Anything’s possible - from both sides tbf :man_shrugging:t3:

Saddam Hussein switches Iraqi oil exports from trading in dollars to euros.

Twin Towers attacked.

USA-led coalition invades Iraq on pretext of pre-emptive self-defence against Iraqi WMDs, which are never discovered and generally accepted by the wider world not to have ever existed.
Iraq “liberated”.
And resumes trading oil in dollars.

:thinking::unamused:

3 Likes

Just what we needed with us pushing for November Tour bookings

From the BBC on Russian missile strikes

“ On Tuesday, President Zelensky said 28 more missiles were fired, 20 of which were shot down. These included Iranian combat drones,…”

Is a drone a missile or were they carrying missiles? Am I missing something about drones and missiles?

1 Like

The drones are suicide drones - pilotable drones with an explosive payload. You fly them into something and they explode

The iranian ones are particularly shit as they fly at a relatively slow speed and can be easily shot down, even by small arms fire

Missiles are targeted before launch and then fired - these are much hard to shoot down because they can fly at 2000mph

The russians are having to use Iranian drones as they have shortages of short range ordinance - they have literally shot their bolt

1 Like

Yeah, I read somewhere that the other day they fired over 80 of their version of cruise missiles- struck me as a lot and wondered how long they could afforded to keep that up. Once by all accounts.

Bernie the Bolt was a hero of mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes