šŸ“° The most exciting thing to happen in Salisbury since Stonehenge was created

Memories are short, so letā€™s have a little reminder of what happened on day one. Day one, fingers were pointed at the Russians, with the story breaking within hours that two former Russians had been poisoned with a nerve agent spray. Day one.

How the fuck did our people know all that so quickly? On day one, the Skripals were two collapsed people in a park. Fair enough, their identities would have been quickly established, but is A&Eā€™s first priority into diagnosing unconscious people, who can provide no details of what it is they might have taken or been exposed to? Is nerve agent really the first thing theyā€™re going to check? The governmentā€™s account waltzed around the world before any sort of probity had the chance to get its pants on.

On day two, the Saudi Crown Prince arrived on a highly controversial visit, not that most people would know it, because the quickly concocted Skripal story was on the newsreels 24/7.

If this is how our police operated in the main, weā€™d say that we were a police state. How else would you describe an investigation which reached its conclusion four hours later with no physical evidence?

Apparently, the OB knew that the alleged agents were in town six months ago, knew they were staying in that hotel. Did they inform the hotel owner that the premises might be contaminated? Nope. They just let it carry on being a hotel, with all the guests and potential contamination. Back in the day, they were shutting Salisbury businesses down left, right and centre.

This stinks, and I reckon the only folk having trouble sniffing it out are those with too much shit up their noses already to smell the difference.

2 Likes

Seeing as the Fail and the Gruaniad have fallen in the considered esteem of this place of late, here is a very good ā€œindependentā€ articulation of most sane peoples concerns.

1 Like

Read that last night. It is good to see someone asking a few questions. That is the point of the press after all.
Sheā€™ll never work again, obvs.

1 Like

While not specifically relevant to general news reporting, I wonder how much of this (worrying) mind set influences articles and writers these days

https://twitter.com/JoeBrewinFFT/status/1050112732928860161

The independent obviously hate this country and suck Putinā€™s cock. Right?

3 Likes

This is probably the must pertinent bit from that article, IMHO :-

And when, as this week, UK officials say they do not ā€œdisputeā€ Bellingcatā€™s identification of Chepiga and Mishkin, does this not prompt a few questions about whether, say, our ā€œagenciesā€ reached the same conclusions long ago, but kept quiet, or why most of the UKā€™s media apparently find Bellingcat a more trustworthy source than the UK intelligence services (possible answer: Iraq)? Might not the groupā€™s good name be being used to get information into the public domain that officials do not want to vouch for? And, if so, would this be to inform, or to mislead?

1 Like

Itā€™s why I and others remain in the ā€œfishyā€ camp. Bazza and Pap are both correct in their opinions because there is still ā€œdoubtā€ about the sources as she mentions later in the article ā€œevidence which would be thrown out of courtā€.

Perhaps we could invent a new word and say many of us remain skriptical of both sides at this point in time

3 Likes

Litvinenko.

Boris Berezovskā€™s mule died from that very expensive stuff he was transporting, still thatā€™s what happened to people that stole from Boris.

More muddying the waters and denying reality.

Comrade SOS youā€™re wrong, mistaken but youā€™re loyal.

Back to the propaganda. This third Russian was on the same plane back to Moscow, so obviously guilty, even though he travelled here in the same month for the last 3 years.
Read the article(or just the headline) and see how theyā€™ve changed bellendcats maybes into hard fact.

No he worked for Boris and couriered for him and he had just returned from a meeting with in isreal with a nuclear rep.
You keep believing Barry.

You donā€™t find their travel plans strange?

Not as strange as i find the deliberate misleading propaganda.
Donā€™t you find it strange that all our media take a debunked propaganda mouth piece as fact, without question?
A media that toes the party line completely is called what?

We covered that one too. Last person to see him before the polonium diagnosis was an Italian nuclear expert, and a self-proclaimed CIA asset.

Iā€™ll point out again that youā€™re in dire straits (not the band) if youā€™re :-

• ignoring all the inconsistencies Iā€™ve enumerated
  • relying on an unrelated, unproven case from 2006 to prove things now.
  • doling out one liner posts like the bastard offspring of Arnie and a deranged fucking gibbon.

Who do you think it was Pap?

Plausible?

More plausible than Russians flying in on false passports claiming to see the World famous Salisbury spire?

Thats the thing I donā€™t, you want people to to substantiate your views and claims.

I donā€™t happen to believe either, but I happen to believe the Russians less than the British, common sense.
A good British attribute, I suggest you use it.

So youā€™ll accept anything, no matter how implausible, without question. Your a danger to freedom, just like a press that doesnā€™t question.
When did the fake passport story become fact?

1 Like

Litvinenko