šŸ“° The most exciting thing to happen in Salisbury since Stonehenge was created

No its not its fact.

Like when Russia does something shite its thrown back with something the West has done?

Like bombing etc etc?

I covered this weeks ago, catch up lad.

Not too sure about peddling, talking shite is more apt.

Two wrongs donā€™t make a right, Barry. I think the problem you have is that when you count all the wrongs up, you get very different results.

Iā€™m no tanker. The Soviet Union committed unmeasurable cruelty during its years of existence, home and abroad. Iā€™ve a limited degree of sympathy for those on the left that bought what Pravda sold, until the Red Army was used to put down counter-revolution in other countries, but I will not sit here and attempt to defend its practices.

In truth, the Soviet Union did more good for Westerners than it ever did for its own people, whether it was the sacrifice of its people in war, or the indirect pressure the sold dream of the USSR, putting pressure on Western governments to compete in terms of their social offering. The last time I can remember the West feeling united was back in the Cold War.

The Soviet Union is not Russia. There is no ideological conflict; just direct competition on the open markets. It isnā€™t a place Iā€™d be comfy living in, but that doesnā€™t stop me, or more important entities, from playing whattabouttery with what the major powers are up to.

Do you think BRICS could have existed in the Cold War, or even a decade after it ended? Founded in 2006, a full sixteen years after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Do you think it was any coincidence that it was formed after four years of US belligerence, and six years after the publication of a think-tank document entitled Rebuilding Americaā€™s Defenses [sic], in which a plan was laid out for the US to become the sole power in a uni-powered world?

The point is, my dear Bazzington, that even while you might not choose to tot it all up, consider whether you might be next, that is the actual fucking job of anyone responsible for the security of their country. They do not deal with a single slice of reality, delivered by a sole authority.

They weigh it up, and when the scales settle, they see the US as a continual breaker of international norms, an enabler of other, much more flagrant flouters of international law.

They see it as a danger. That is why BRICS exists.

This post could have been vocalised by a three year old.

Sort it out you fucking spoon, or @Fatso will leave your fan club.

If you think believing the ever changing fairytale, is the sensible option, you go ahead.
How much have the press talked about toxic dagger? Should have been the first option.

1 Like

BRICS exist because of globalisation, its almost like you think the Soviet Union wanted to fail, it failed because of reasons like trying to compete with the West, they failed and the Nations they tried to keep wanted to become a part of said West, even Russia became westernised, China also.
But that is a different topic altogether and one of mere smoke and mirrors Pap, to be pedantic the Berlin Wall fell as you put it in 89 17 years after your vague example.

We can discuss history if you want.

What did the Soviet Union do for Africa?

What has any non-African nation really done for Africa except use it to their own ends / exploit the people and resources?

Look forward to the list because Iā€™m really struggling to see a good new story.

Two wrongs donā€™t make a right, wasnā€™t that Papā€™s mantra?

I also agree.

Please explain.

its almost like you think the Soviet Union wanted to fail

Please explain this comment.

it failed because of reasons like trying to compete with the West

I broadly agree with this.

they failed and the Natio>ns they tried to keep wanted to become a part of said West,

I broadly agree with this.

even Russia became westernised, China also.

If you mean, adopted a market economy, yes.

But that is a different topic altogether and one of mere smoke and mirrors Pap, to be pedantic the Berlin Wall fell as you put it in 89 17 years after your vague example.

Fair cop, guv, but that hardly diminishes the point.

We can discuss history if you want.

I genuinely doubt we can while youā€™re writing entire posts that consist of ā€œheā€™s crazyā€ or ā€œthatā€™s a fact, guvā€.

What did the Soviet Union do for Africa?

I donā€™t know what it last did for Africa, but I do know it was a consistent supporter of the ANC and anti-apartheid movement while Conservatives were printing ā€œHang Mandelaā€ T-Shirts and posters.

1 Like

BRICS have expanded because of free trade, open markets low costs and low wage costs. I can explain further but it really is that simple.

The Soviet Union didnā€™t want to fail, it failed because they couldnā€™t keep up and their expansion and areas of control didnā€™t accept their objectives. Many didnā€™t accept them from day 1.
The same will be said of many Arab nations BUT they have to want democracy over theocracy and it will happen with further womens rights and freedoms but THEY have to want it and fight for it, we canā€™t do and have no right to be there and impose it either.

Passport to Eastleigh.

You could make a film out of that.:lou_lol:

Trying to catch up on this thread likeā€¦

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/Tim_Hayward_/status/1049730583348355072

2 Likes

You see, like the discussions on this thread, there is so much information, disinformation, direction, mis-direction and confusion that how the fuck any one can tell what the fuck actually went on and who slept with who is beyond me.

I tell you what though, an epsiode of <Insert you favourite soap here> is mildly less confusing than this whole sorry episode.

4 Likes

Well, like ā€œMan in The High Castleā€ I gave up on this thread when Bazza introduced a Parallel Universe. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Bazza didnā€™t introduce a parallel univrese.
He is one.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Probability, we will never know for sure, use this to apply when you think you have actual proof for other events.

I was in Salisbury yesterday. The tight cunts have stopped the free parking after midday, moved it to 3pm. Bastards. Still, have to say the place has livened up massively since we last went, and the shops by the river are open again.

I have read the bellendcat story and itā€™s itā€™s full of maybes, could be and possibly, but the one name that gets mentioned the most times(27) is bellendcat himself(nothing like self promotion).
Itā€™s like a couple of children have had a go at writing Bond. Have a read.