The matchday meetup treble II

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Fucking cunting shitty fuck bollocks.

That’s just how I feel. Actually, it’s a lot better than how I feel. It’s getting on for kick-off time and I’m still sitting in fucking Wokingham.

Hope you had a drink in the Lord Raglan. My relatives ran it during the 60’s and I supped my first ale there, aged about 8.

i wasn’t much older myself.

Lou had complaints on her first visit about the acoustics of the Stable, specifically the way that downstairs hubbub become upstairs noise, indeciperhabl but still annoyingly audible. Tonight , the place was rammed on account of it being the Stable’s first birthday and the Inter Milan game.

Goatboy and I didn’t even get the offer of free beers at the stable. Probably, they took one look at us and decided that we were not the sort of customers that they would like to encourage with offers of free alcohol. Presumably, SO5 and Bucks looked exactly like their target demographic, which is a little bit worrying. SO5 had obviously rushed from work and looked a cross between Suit Boy at Sunderland and a Grange Hill pupil at the end of a long school day.

Goaters and I did our usual march to the South Western Arms. We spent some time recycling old material, changing the names and scorelines to reflect the present reality. We also played a case trivia game called Quiz Master, which should be called Quiz Bastard.

Just after I’d explained the intricacies of how humble quiz machines stop intelligent bastards from cleaning them out, the machine drops a wonderful example,as if to prove my point.

What is the birth date of Brian Reid, Ayr United manager?

I suspect only Brian Reid, his friends,family, stalkers and obsessive fans know this. Quiz Bastard took two quid of my money, and worst of all, Reid was sacked after Ayr United fell out of their division.

His birthdate is 15 June 1970.

A moments silence for the Flyd methinks.

He took one for the team, from Da Man.

Respeck_._

2 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Goatboy and I didn’t even get the offer of free beers at the stable. Probably, they took one look at us and decided that we were not the sort of customers that they would like to encourage with offers of free alcohol. Presumably, SO5 and Bucks looked exactly like their target demographic, which is a little bit worrying. SO5 had obviously rushed from work and looked a cross between Suit Boy at Sunderland and a Grange Hill pupil at the end of a long school day.

Thanks! I’ve been trying to cultivate the Gripper Stebson look, true

2 Likes

Yes indeed. I never realised turning something off and on again could take so much time

Hard luck old chap

1 Like

When it comes to his hi-tech work, I think you are being pretty unfair. Its not the turning on and off that counts, its how you do it. Top skills.

1 Like