😃 The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

I have never been in an IKEA store nor browsed any of their goods online.

Never been in the UK/Europe, unfortunately for many years in Dubai it was them or nothing that a mortal could afford

The Furniture shops in Sharjah were alright for replacing the stuff that we had originally shipped from the UK to Ajman when that wore out or warped and fell apart in the heat.

1 Like

Molly is 6 1/2 weeks old…

8 Likes

Nearly time to bring her home, been loving the pics and have to say I am now thinking maybe I will get another dog after losing my old boy last month

Hell @tigger losing your old boy is heartbreaking. We went on a cruise 3 weeks after our boy past away and after trying to put a brave face on it we were both miserable . We waited 'til the New Year before making a decision but really we both knew we were going to have another.

She is a sweetie…but then aren’t all puppies. She’ll be with us on 10th April…everyone says “Only 2 weeks to go…hasn’t the time flown” No it hasn’t, it’s been the longest two months I can remember.
Do it @tigger. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Nèeded to go into town. Mrs P_F was out.
Took the bus. The 208 is the airport bus. The ticket machine takes credit cards for the 80p fare.
I got the 218. It’s ticket machine is coins only. I had no coins.
So 1st time since I was about 12, I caught a bus without a ticket.
Go me!

1 Like

Planning holidays for next year. Mrs G thinks I’m being unrealistic. Pah.

2 Likes

You be digging for bodies or treasure ?

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful morning here, the slightest breath of wind 16C and a stunning blue sky.
Between our village & the in laws are Pine Forests. We took the trail, 7.5 kms of heaven.
Then dropped into the village, went to Tesco, who had 30% discounts on my Vodkas & Mrs P_F’s Scotch, signed up for a club card, got some Ale 20% discount, got to in-laws & cracked the 1st pre match Ale.
Heaven

1 Like

Grandson was watching the golf this afternoon with his Dad. He’s 5. He had a busy day - first “play” from his “acting lessons” so was chilling.

Tiger was playing Rory in the Dell Match Play.

Grandson says…

Why isn’t Tiger wearing a Red shirt?

Which is kind of impressive for a nipper.
(For non hackers, Tiger always wears a red Shirt on the Sunday of tournaments) This was explained so Grandson says - well, we must watch him tomorrow then, cancel the plans Dad.

Tiger beat Rory btw.

Payback.
Sunday lunch Tu Lunch Bar.
Basically Wiener Schnitzel.

Yes, it really was that big! ÂŁ3.99

2 Likes

Feel like getting pissed on your day off?

6 Likes

I think you’ll find @saintbletch has the intellectual property on that app

5 Likes

Tea. Since coming off weeknight drinking tea has been my tipple of choice. I had forgotten quite how glorious it is. I am a double bagger these days.

Tea. It’s the hot beverage you can drink in the evenings without being up until 2am staring at the ceiling through sweaty eyeballs.

3 Likes

Strangely, since dropping down to decaf tea and going through the caffeine withdrawal headaches I rarely touch the stuff. Same with coffee strangely.

Drink buckets of H2O at work, but that’s more to do with the dehydration from the aircon than choice.

Still looking for a non-alcoholic or caffeine filled beverage that isn’t full of sugar*

Ideas anyone?

Edit: *anything that isn’t also a herbal or fruit flavoured infusion.

1 Like

Not the first time we’ve heard about your teabags. :lou_lol:

But try going old school and use tea leaves in a pot, like what I do every morning. You’ll get an even better cup that way, I can guarantee it.

There are some thing you just can’t unthink

Cheers @Fowllyd. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

went decaf a while back too. Those headaches were bad. Have an occasional non decaf when nothing else is available and I need some tea but I am drinking less and less of the stuff anyway.

A soft drink that isn’t full of sugar. What a conundrum… I have no added sugar squash and herbal teas (spiced ginger is nice) so don’t think I’m going to help.

1 Like

So what’s the spiced ginger concoction @Intiniki ?