šŸ˜ƒ The Little Pleasures of Everyday Life

Portsmouth gettting beat 0-1 at home by our Les Reeds Charlton Athletic

Bob Mortimer.

i love him. Heā€™s the best bloke in the world.

2 Likes

Is he not a Sunderland legend and Dead?

One for the ages.

Raviā€™s Curry House in Dubai. Best curry house on the planet

Iā€™ve told the tales of Gordon Ramsey & Michelle Wie but didnā€™t know the Snoop Dog, Lonely Planet or BBC oneā€™

My grandson went aged 18 months and remembered it every time he HATES spicy food ( now aged 3) but even this weekend asked if I would take him back to Dubai to go to this place

1 Like

Reading the #saintsfc Twitter feed this morning

1 Like

When Jarvis Cocker mooned Michael Jackson in the middle of his Jesus impersonation at the Brits, Mortimer was providing pro bono legal advice for the all the shit that was about to rain down on the Pulp frontman.

Gay Ukrainian Hairdressers.

No stop it.

Iā€™ve sed Barber shops for nigh on 30 years. Not been to a salon in all that time.

Needed an emergency trim this weekend wife took me to a salon. 2 washes a blow dry a proper cut took 35 minutes and cost Ā£14.

Apparently made me look human but think that is impossibleā€¦

Looking at the weather forecast back home and thinking you can put up with the showers and storms later this week in Rome as itā€™s not going to be as cold as the UK.

Wtf is going on with the weather?

Had a couple of days here in Poland at 16C then boom 30C today

Then convection storms now back down to 16C weird

1 Like

Sitting on a balcony in a village in Poland. Sipping IPA made in Poland watching planes come in to land seeing a full moon and listening to silence.

(I may have postedsomethig similar a year agoā€¦

Heaven

Due to the daughters wedding I have lately let my hair be attended by a Shim (ladyboy) haidresser at the local shopping mall.

Arrived offshore where its 30 degs and with a plastic helmet strapped to my head the sweat was pouring off, So I decided to use the trimmers and a Mach 3 razor it is now back to the wood and the wife and daughter will be most upset.

1 Like

Kabanos.

The closest thing you have to it is Pepperami. But tgere are thousands of types discount the Lidl & Aldi versions they are rubbish.

Currently munching MADEJ WROBEL. It is simply the thing to accompany beer. Moist and spicy and justā€¦

Aircraft emissions affecting Global climate ?

1 Like

@areloa-grandee posting again after a little hiatus, just need @bearsy back now.

1 Like

Yeah in future I wonā€™t be flying by jet. Iā€™ll only use the electric onesā€¦the ones with the wind generators on the front. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Watching the frankly bizarre coverage of Alex Fergusons brain operation (no.1 item on BBC news at 10 last night, sky currently based outside the hospitalā€¦why?) I just saw Bryan Robson being interviewed. He reminded me of my best friend Bob Mortimer doing his brilliant Peter Beardsly sketches on Atheletico Mince.

Itā€™s questionable whatā€™s newsworthy. but heā€™s a significant figure to be honest. Iā€™m not a medical person, but a brain haemorrhage is pretty terminal. Itā€™s how my father died. If he survives, heā€™ll have brain damage and if as stated heā€™s on life support then thatā€™s not great.

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not serious, Ted. Your story shows that itā€™s serious and sounds horrible. What Iā€™m saying is that he is not that much of a significant figure for it to be the no.1 news item. Why are news crews waiting outside the hospital? What is actually the point of that? The news was being relayed from the family to Man Utd to press (which is strange in itself) so why do news crews have to be outside the hospital? I genuinely canā€™t fathom it. Is so they can be there when/if he dies? Heā€™s significant in football, but is he so significant to the country that we should all be waiting anxiously to see what happens? Is he the queen? Iā€™d like to see the list of those who are deemed so significant that they are (a) no.1 item on the news (b) mentioned on the news Ā© not mentioned at all. On the same day andrew Marr announced that he needed an operation on a tumour in his kidneys. I saw it on the BBC website. I didnā€™t see it on the TV news and it defo wasnā€™t no.1 item. Was that because it wasnā€™t his brain or that he wasnā€™t significant enough? Maybe itā€™s not the person but the body part that makes it newsworthy?

3 Likes

The view from my office in the South China Sea.

4 Likes

Tbh it does look like the view from any south coast beach today

Allegedly

1 Like