šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Donā€™t worry I havenā€™t figured in family holiday photos since 2010

Just post the photos on here Kev, the reaction from Fraggle Rock will result in all cessation of social media need ā€¦

2 Likes

A sad fact of mobile device lifeā€¦
Back when my flock were Nippers I took proper cameras and took proper photos using film.
So I never appeared in any holiday snaps.
Now? I have a whole family following my every move waiting for my head to be down and a double chin reappear or my stomach after beer & pizzaā€¦
Bstds

2 Likes

Mine wait until I all asleep in the chair or where I fall and start dribbling and then get snapping.

2 Likes

Ahh, the joys of film.

I used to love the evening when the photos turned up from the developers in the post. They would sit on the side unopened until my Dad got home. As the doorbell rang, the colour used to drain from by brotherā€™s face and he would quietly slope off to some distant part of the house.

Dad would sit down with mum to look through the photos and I would join them in anticipation of what was to come.

Anyway, ten photos in, there would be an explosion of rage from my dad and a cry of ā€œyou little bastardā€ as he clocked the skyward middle finger of my brother in the only decent family photograph we had.

Classic stuff.

4 Likes

The Farmfoods adverts with David Hasslehoff.

1 Like

I agree. I was very confused and had to Google it. Turns out heā€™s married to some Welsh woman he met whilst recording some awful talent show. It then made a little more sense.

1 Like

Are you saying that the woman in the advert is actually his wife?

Is it her? Then yes.

Probably the wrong place for this, but am a bit miffed with how the BBC and the self-righteous complainer seem to be holier-than-thou.

Itā€™s not our culture and the end product is food for the locals. We may not like what they do and are not part of their society so can we really say what is right or wrong?

You are British.
Imposing your view of right on wrong on other cultures is your DNAā€¦

I do not SUPPORT what they do, but I do understand it. But it does tear me up ever since that Star Trek & the Whale.

Just to be clear - I am British (European for the moā€™) and I agree with you.

I donā€™t agree with it but then I no longer eat any meat/fish/diary now. But I get that in some places people have to survive on whatā€™s around to eat. Iā€™d be very concerned if they were endangered but apparently thereā€™s loads of pilot whales. But it doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s particularly humane way of killing them for their meat. Done a bit of googling and seems thereā€™s a lot of toxic stuff in those whales which is impacting on their health.

The locals or the whales @Intiniki ?

Both. Saw a similar article. There was some guy made a movie about it last year or something?

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooo.

Mrs D_Pā€™s bestie has a few days off in late September, while the boss herself will be in Poland on a work trip.
They both found out (from a now Ex Mate) that he had to pull out from the Ryder Cup so I had a spare bedroom in my air bnb in Versailes.

So theyā€™ve invited themselves, so they ā€œcan do Parisā€, while I am working. While I will manage an average of 6 hours sleep a night with 5am starts, their line was "You can take us out to drink lots of wine every evening. And their excuse? We can get to Versailles return for only 100 quid eachā€¦
Do they have ANY idea how much even one day out in Paris costs let alone a bloody weekā€¦

Bang goes MY ā€œvacationā€ and the last of my credit card limit
FFS

2 Likes

I can recommend a very good vegan place in Paris. :grinning:

1 Like

Scum?

1 Like

So some neighbours have started a party. Their sound system is good. Doesnā€™t bode well for 4am.

1 Like

If you canā€™t beat themā€¦