šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

It must have been like thisā€¦I love itā€¦the obligatory IT Crowd clipā€¦

3 Likes

One of the best.
I managed to use an ipad! I did a really shit drawing. Maybe I could share it in the etchings thread.

1 Like

Discovering from Facebook that the cheerleaders from the wedding were about 10 minutes behind us all day on their walking tour of Pragueā€¦
Dammit

Im sure they could have caught up an old codger like you if they wanted to. Read into that what you will.

2 Likes

I could leave it there for comedy.
Butā€¦
Today was the 2nd of my #roadtothrydercup fitness tests.
With wonky knees and having been 12kg overweight last year, this trip has been about test ing my gym work and seeing if
My new walking boots are ok - check
My meds plan will work for arthritis - check
And finally whether I could do 9 hours standing. - nearly
Main rofl of today was a Polish tour guide who I am sure could recite War & Peace from memory and make it dull

Knowing I have to drop off a rental car & catch 3 connecting trains tomorrow to get to Warsaw & my flight home. With a 26kg suitcase (30kg allowance - no clothes just Vodka. Pickles & Cabanos
After my troubles getting hereā€¦

After a wonderful few days away, filled with new experiences and interacting with people of a huge array of different backgrounds, religions, nationalities etc, taking in new cultural traditions so alien to me - it was really, really fucking depressing to be driven to the train station by a vile cab driver ranting about bloody Muslims, his ā€˜researchā€™ of ā€˜that halalā€™, how happy he was that ā€˜true patriotā€™ Tommy Robinson was ā€˜rightlyā€™ freed and then telling my Manchester born and raised girlfriend that she was wrong about various areas of Manchester, and that the shooting in Moss Side was probably the ā€˜bloody Muslimsā€™, even if the police/media report otherwise.

Utterly trash human being.

4 Likes

Upvote out of empathy not your actual experience

:lou_sad:

Had a similar experience in a cab in Liverpool once. Did have an argument.

This sort of shit. Selling stuff thatā€™s been around for years by using love island.

3 Likes

Had a bit of a bust up with my oldest mate a week or so back as he was being a bit of a dick to his missus when out for a meal with me and Mrs C_S.

Took him to task over it - and it takes a lot for me to do that.

Anyway, got a text from him earlier to apologise and to let me know heā€™s under the knife tomorrow for suspected testicular cancer & to say how he just couldnā€™t tell me at the time. - it being a manly thing and all that bollocksā€¦

Hopefully it has been caught early enough, but you know the drill guysā€¦get checking.

:lou_sad:

2 Likes

Uff poor bloke. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery - Iā€™m of the understanding that testicular cancer is one of those that has a pretty high survival rate, not that makes it much better for your friend, of course.

Itā€™s such a shame that us blokes feel so unable to reach out and talk to each other about these sorts of things, or well, anything really. We are people, we have feelings, itā€™s ok to be worried, or concerned, or to not be ok sometimes. Thereā€™s absolutely no shame in asking for help, and thereā€™s certainly nothing unmanly about it.

2 Likes

Developers that dismiss your concerns about using tools, calling them ā€˜simpleā€™ or ā€˜easyā€™, when they have years of experience using it and you have none.

Doubley so when you break something using aforementioned tools, and then get blamed by the same devs.

Yes, Iā€™m a designer, Iā€™m not that techy, Iā€™m not that smart, I need things dumbed down. Iā€™ll freely admit this. If you are providing tools for someone to use, they have to be appropriate for the people using them.

2 Likes

@saintbletch take note

Just saying

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve perhaps said this to you before, and Iā€™ve certainly said it to @ant

Iā€™d never do your job. I have immense fucking respect for it, but Iā€™d never do it. Largely because you lot cop so much shit.

Historically, code works or it doesnā€™t. These days, a lot of well-run firms are doing a proper QA process, but even then, it either conforms to your in house standards or it does not. There is very little subjectivity.

Also, no layman ever fucks with my assertions.

Not so for design. Itā€™s entirely fucking subjective, and youā€™ll have wankers that bought the Mr Blobby record with a fucking opinion on your work.

Iā€™ve sat an listened to an MD who could most charitably be described as adopting ā€œVagrant Brookside Chicā€ berate a designer saying ā€œThis is literally the worst design I have ever seenā€. And it really wasnā€™t horrible to my eyes.

Donā€™t envy ya, @KRG. If you ever need me to come and fuck up someoneā€™s shit after a twatbad review (bad review from a twat), lemme know. Iā€™ll bring the Escape From New York baseball bat.

2 Likes

Filling in travel delay claim formsā€¦
Just finding the buggers on Ryanair is tough enough!
And of course they arenā€™t refunding the whole amount I paid for my ticket plus luggage and priority bookings

Having to head back to work after having lunch at home. Its becoming a real struggle.

1 Like

Being asked by Young Adult to airdrop her all the photos Iā€™ve taken so far on hols.

Seems she hasnā€™t taken any- which means the little narcissist ends up in all her holiday snaps to share on Arsebook (or wherever). Turns out she has asked her mum to do the same.

Either enterprising or lazy. Havenā€™t decided yetā€¦

2 Likes

Photoshop spots on her face before you hand them over.

She wonā€™t do it again.

3 Likes

Nah, she doesnā€™t want her mates to see pictures of her embarrassing dad.

2 Likes