šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

ā€¦accuse of them being anti-semites

7 Likes

Itā€™s like we are actually there anyway. Thereā€™s 2 parties going. Weā€™ve had Whitney Houston and now Mariah Carey. My parents are visiting with their dogs. We were worried about them barking. Not anymore. Music to cover it.

2 Likes

Mrs C_S reminded me I have to take the fucking cats to the vets at 9am tomorrow.

Lucifer Fluffy Catnip (lardarse for short) wonā€™t be a problem getting into the basket.

Smudge (Has Hitler moustache) is The smaller of the two and is the bitch queen from hell. Iā€™ll need to tog up with gloves and heavy coat to get the little shit in the basket.

More wineā€¦!!!

:lou_angry:

Two cats, one bag

3 Likes

With a few bricks and a barrel of waterā€¦

1 Like

Translating Geek speak that was translated into Marketing speak into Accountancy speak so that an Accountant can pass it to their correct Geek.
Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Network printer not working for about 3 weeks. Uninstallā€¦reinstallā€¦find Google fixā€¦nothing. Then decide to use the Epson Install Wizardā€¦which throws up a faultā€¦all the inks are dry. Itā€™s spotted my after-market cheap refills and wants me to buy their super-expensive inks.
Fuck offā€¦reload with new set of cheap inks and it all starts working again.:lou_eyes_to_sky:

5 Likes

Trying to make a doctor appointment for my dad. The system is fucking broken. Itā€™s basically impossible. Infruriating

3 Likes

I feel your pain

My GP surgery has a two week waiting period, I shit you not.

They do have a few ā€œemergency appointmentsā€ every day but you have to get past a non-medically trained receptionist first.

1 Like

Where i live itā€™s perfectly fine. In fact itā€™s great. Get an appt no problem. My dad lives in Berkshireā€¦ ā€¦you have to ring at 8.30am and then try and make an appt for the day. Most of the time the appt are gone and youā€™re told to ring back tomorrow. You canā€™t book an appt in advance. You can ring randomly and see if thereā€™s any cancellations. Youā€™re not allowed to go there in the morning to make an appt. They have signs in the surgery telling patients to mange appt using the MyGP appā€¦which I have downloaded and it says ā€œyour surgery hasnā€™t released any appointmentsā€ā€¦ so why tell people to download it. Itā€™s completely bonkers.

3 Likes

Mumā€™s in the same boat in Gosport. Fat one.

She gets told to go to local hospital instead of bothering the doctors locally. When she arrives for the appointment at her local hospital she is asked why she bothered them and didnā€™t see a GP.

Britainā€™s broken.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve so far not had to get a GP appointment but when i signed up and had my check up with the nurse it didnā€™t bode well. I also ask for info from the same surgery at work and donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had a response. Too many people for one GP. I did go into another GP surgery recently to drop off a letter asking for info. The place was empty. There were 3 receptionists. I never got a response.

As you are based in central London there is an NHS online ā€œGP At Handā€ service you can sign up to (part of it is run by Babylon - a major private GP provider and actually very good - Iā€™ve set up private GP arrangements with clients using them).

I get the youngsters at work who live centrally to sign up. You can get an online appt easily and if you need to see someone f2f it is pretty quick. And it gets the malingering buggers back to work pdq.

The only issue is that you lose your local GP but if you can never get an appointment then itā€™s no great loss is it?

Iā€™m not normally a fan of outsourcing NHS provision but this actually helps you get seen when you need to be seen.

Wasnā€™t @Sussexsaint a GP? He needs to get here and take some flak.

Wasnā€™t he a dustman?

1 Like

I donā€™t think he was anything as useful as that. Definitely a GP.

Or at least takes some appointments.

We could have a thread where a poster puts up their ailments, the rest of us have a go a diagnosing it and prescribing a remedy, and @Sussexsaint can mark us out of ten on ingenuity and likely chance of curing it

5 Likes

That would be a short thread.
Each post will start either
It is 8am my head hurts
Or
It is 8am my hands are shaking and I have cold sweats

For both

Bloody Mary & Black coffee to be taken immediately.

Repeat as necessary until 11:00 when proper Alcohol can be consumed.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got an appointment! I rang exactly on 8am, got through and the receptionist says you can have an appt at 12minutes past 4. I was slightly surprised at the preciseness of this time and repeated it back to her which seemed to annoy her before saying ā€œthatā€™s fine, Iā€™ll take itā€. As she starts booking it she says ā€œOh, someone else has just booked thatā€¦not sure why thats happenedā€. Now what sort of system is it that they have? I can only assume someone booked it online although whenever Iā€™ve looked it says that the surgery havenā€™t released any appt for online bookings. Anyway, I thought that would be that but she found a spare slot at 10.30am, so weā€™re in! Iā€™ve already diagnosed my dadā€™s issue as a hernia which he has poo-pooed. We shall see who is right and then I shall demand an apology from him.

6 Likes