šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Fitbit.

Not the actual device, I love the concept, but mine seems to go wrong every 9 months or so.

Iā€™m online to their support team right now getting what must be my 5th replacement in about 5 years.

I think they know they have quality issues because they never seem to quibble about replacing stuff.

Iā€™ve even kicked up a fuss to get something replaced outside of the 2-year warranty. It was a replacement (maybe even the second replacement) and my point was that Iā€™d only had it 6 months and it shouldnā€™t go wrong. They replaced it in the end.

Mine was the same - the strap kept breaking

Shit quality

Yeah, the old Charge HR strap kept breaking on me too and it was replaced twice. The strap was integral to the product and couldnā€™t be repaired or replaced - Duh.

The new Charge 2 is better as you can change the straps but now my problems are with the screen and GPS syncing (even though it doesnā€™t have internal GPS - go figure). This will be my third one within 2 years.

Previously, they have me the option of a ā€˜freeā€™ replacement or a big discount off one of their other products.

If I get the same offer, I might upgrade to see if the quality is any better.

EDIT: Yep 50% discount or replacement is the offer I got.

May have been said before but.

Training course.

I work 28 days solid then get 28 days leave

But training courses come out of my leave a two day course also means 2 days traveling although the company will credit training days travelling days come from my leave.

This time at home they have arranged two trips from manila to KL for 2 2 day courses so with my normal leave travel this trip I will lose 6 days leave which will not be compensated

Pissed off you bet I am

1 Like

They could have given you long enough to go to Bangkokā€¦
To visit MBK of course

1 Like

Yeah, complaining about those 22 days off is going to get you a lot of sympathy with this crowd, @PhilippineSaint.

Personally, Iā€™m just winding down to my 6 weeks offā€¦

ā€¦with no training.

Bā€™dum tish.

:lou_lol:

1 Like

Ahemā€¦no comment.

3 Likes

Ironing.
Mrs D_P is on holiday.
Harumph

Mrs D_P is on an ironing holiday?

Well played Sir.

1 Like

Grass seeds that machete themselves into your dogs foot. :lou_angry:

This hot weather has dried and baked the long grass on our daily walks so itā€™s now crumbled into sharp shards ready for my Cocker Spanielā€™s hairy feet to pick up. This morning the poor bugger is hobbling around on 3 legs with a swollen foot.

How do I know itā€™s a grass seed? Itā€™s happened 3 or 4 time in the past. Iā€™ll let you know how much it will cost to remedy after I get back from the vet. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

4 Likes

The wife heads off on holiday early. You plan to follow on day X.
People you need to meet with and have been TRYING to get a meeting with for 2 months can now meet you on day X minus one.
Not here, but in UK.
1st week of school holidays.
Couldnā€™t have done it a week ago when the flights were available and only 500 quid, no it has to be Day X minus 1 so the flight to UK is 1500 quid for a day BEFORE I try and get flight to Poland.
Insert Ian Poulter level rant here

People who will shamelessly contradict themselves to try to undermine you in front of other people.

Get in the fucking sea.

People who moan about stuff other people do without giving a nice juicy example :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Just obvious petty office/schoolyard politics, tbh.

Venting here so I donā€™t get in * more * trouble

5 Likes

Booking a last minute Ryanair flight die to short notice meeting in 1st week of school holidaysā€¦
What cost Ā£27 4 weeks ago cost Ā£295 & 3 flights went sold out b4 I could get to the payment page.
FFS

Flies! Why do the have to have their meetings in my house?

1 Like

The article is actually good news - and a win for People Power.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44910195

But what is it with the trend to reduce product size but not prices.

Sainsburyā€™s have the chirpy slogan ā€œdifferent size, same great priceā€

Profiteering bastards

Today I reached peak irony. Or something

The laundry said 4 days. I fly outta here in 1.5. Bollox

When you have to resort to those vacuum storage bags because SHE left you more stuff to take for HER on vacation than fits in the suitcase.
FFS
2 handbags for Mum & pal. 2 pairs Timberlake boots for niece 5 shirts for Dad clothes for grandkids clothes for nieces.
I guess my suit & work gear are gonna get stuffed into a backpack thenā€¦

When you book the morning off to ease you back into work. Hoping to sleep in but you wake at 7am.
Suppose I could get some chores done before lugging my laptop and files back into work at midday.

2 Likes