😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Use the morning for a job search. :lou_wink:

5 Likes

When you start packing for holiday and you realise you’ve only got 4 items of useable underpants without having to pull out from the back of the drawer, the a) Y fronts from decades ago that won’t fit in a million years, b) the Tanga briefs you bought as a saucy surprise for the Mrs in the early days c) the leopardskin posing pouch that was a jokey gift from the Mrs that you’ve never really wanted to get rid of but, of course, you looked ridiculous in, without the aid of a couple of pairs of rugby socks stuffed down the front.

The efficiency of Mrs Numptys laundry regime has led me to believe I have a constant supply of fresh underwear. Alas, it is M&S for me tonight.

4 Likes

You want to work offshore.

You have the supply of clothes for a month that you take with you.
You also have a Laundry person who will take all your laundry from outside your door and then return it 12 hours later.
Occaisionally items do not get returned so you look on the hand rails to see if somebody else got them and knew they were not theres.
Cannot find go to the laundry and check the not reclaimed bag. No luck.

After 3 weeks of losing socks and underwear. Going commando in a boiler suit is not fun its not clever it should not be allowed.

What I want to know is who would want to steal a 54 year olds under crackers and socks.

2 Likes

Presumably another 54 year old who lost his under crackers and socks after sending them to the laundry.
I suggest you do the same. :lou_wink:

5 Likes

2 Likes

She’s stealing @PhilippineSaint’s clean laundry?

5 Likes

Just an example of a 54 year old that I’d like to steal the underwear and socks from.

PS glad I PM’d this instead of posting it.

3 Likes

Yeah, lucky eh?

1 Like

Well if we had staff like that I would be stealing hers.

No I wouldn’t I would make the laundry boys do it but offer her a pair I had picked up in Labuan to get her through.

54 year olds are getting rare offshore I am now part of the old brigade. My back to back is only 30 FFs

She went to school with me ?

and I never knew.

Hey @saintbletch I’ve got just the instruction book for you. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Is back to back the same as the beast with two backs?

1 Like

No its the person who replaces me when i go on the screaming piss for a month

1 Like

I thought he was called a bull.

Shitter

Yes correct @Goatboy

Flying for work. With a geek. You sit around the airport for an hour waiting for the gate to open. Flight starts boarding THEN he decides to go get a sandwich.
Ffs.

1 Like

You met my wife then?

1 Like

When you boot your Linux partition and it tells you that it can’t mount the filesystem because there are errors on the partition and you run a fsck and glibly answer y to the hundreds of "are you sure you want to remove this link" questions and you finally boot and it worked and you think you are a geek god or the luckiest bastard alive and you then, some weeks later, try to install a Ruby gem and see that a large number of c++ header files are missing presumed deleted by the fsck you ran some weeks earlier so you spend the greater part of the morning trying to find the source of the c++ compiler files.

That’s a bastard, eh?

A bit niche?

1 Like

5 Likes