😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Not the same since Emlyn Hughes and Gareth Edwards, Bill Beaumont and Willy Carson.

3 Likes

Showing your age there @Goatboy

:lou_wink:

1 Like

Once again application forms.
Having to write 3000 characters. That’s not a lot. This is possibly one of the worst application forms I’ve come across.

2 Likes

Arrrrgh.
The day off because I can’t walk more than 20 metres and had a shit night.
SOOOOO boring. Had things to do.
Sit at the computer they say - no because the knees have to be kept gently moving. Go to the pool, no. Exercise bike - no Mall - wouldn’t get from the car park.
Flat on the sofa, no.
It’s supposed to take 24 hours to work the gel (shock absorber stuff) around the knee joint. So maybe i can treat myself with a stroll to the garbage room in another hour.
#hadtobedone

I’m off to bed despite the comedy of Ronaldo missing a pen.

Have hay fever (never had it as a kid or in my 20’s and 30’s) but also I now have a cold on top of it (unless it’s the Ruskies doing chemical/biological warfare in Cobham)

Mine started in my early 30s and I got asthma in my early 40s after sanding down a wooden table in the garden without a mask.

A cold and hayfever can be very similar.

Spending an hour in line in your car to pick up the kids from school and all these pin heads try and muscle in the parks 5 minutes from the end of school

Err managed to get an interview with the little I put in it. So maybe it wasn’t that annoying (it was).

6 Likes

When a batch file does not accept a string with an asterisk (*) as an argument, even if you quote/escape/double quote it, so you have to rewrite into powershell.

1 Like

Niche?

1 Like

That wasn’t “Niche” that was an infinite Black Hole. :roll_eyes:

London buses today. Delayed everywhere I go. I could be typing up stuff and getting assessments done. Just ran for one for them to drive away.
Fingers crossed for an office based job soon.

As Tebbit would have said, get on yer bike.
Seriously though, don’t all regular commuters in London now just cycle?

If I felt safe cycling in London I think I would but I don’t so won’t.

1 Like

Have just taken on a guy - started Monday who now wants to change his hours to avoid cyclo-geddon in the City in rush hour.

Have great sympathy, but I hired him to be in the office 9-5 to fit in with our customers, not around his personal preferences (he wants to be in at 7:45 and leave at 3:45 (think my maffs is right).

If he’d asked at interview stage he would have been told to fuck right off, which is the same message he got today funnily enough.

He can get public transport if it’s an issue. It’ll mean one less dick jumping red lights and when pedestrians have priority(even many cyclists @ work agree those dicks need their wheels spiked)

Grrrrr

1 Like

People, by far too young to have ever done it themselves, that are adamant that ‘kids these days’ should be forced to do National Service.

These same people also seem convinced they fought in WWII, despite being born about 15 years after it finished.

4 Likes

Yeah, and it’s these people, never having seen the horrors of war, but totally up for it anyway, and unlikely to face many of the long term consequences, that’ll probably be clamouring for it the most.

Former PM Blair is their poster child.

3 Likes

Agreed @pap

You are being strangely unconfrontational/ objectionable at the mo’.

Has @saintbletch got you on a 3-line whip until the new site beds down?

:lou_sunglasses:

:lou_wink:

1 Like

Yeah, because @pap can be controlled.

5 Likes

Spending 45 minutes trying to get across the Croatia MontInegro border (EU freedom of movement my arse)

Then doing that whilst having needed a piss 30 mins prior :lou_angry: